Tuesday, January 15, 2008

femininity


Ella had her first manicure this afternoon. After her bath, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a forgotten  bottle of red nail polish sitting in a shelf. I had to give it a go, this is one of the reasons why I had a girl, right? 
To my surprise Ella was totally into the whole thing! She has never sat so still in her life. In fact I may bring nail polish and remover in my church bag each week. I'll just put it on and take it off for a hour.... maybe that will make it a quiet Sacrament Meeting for everyone.
Anyways, Ella was so cute. She sat there, hardly breathing. And when I was done she continued blowing her nails for about 5 minutes. 
I cant wait until the day when we are sitting together in a nail spa enjoying getting pampered and chatting about cute boys. Well, at least I cant wait for the pampering part.

7 comments:

kgirlsmom said...

Ahhhhh! She is the cutest! You know i think that my cuteness has rubbed off on her A TON while i have been here and that is why she is so cute! hehe
-Kiersten

Jenny J said...

jealous.
complete jealousy.

Jenny J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany J said...

How fun! I can't WAIT for my girl(s)! ha ha This year we're planning on getting prego with #2 I'll cross my fingers for a girl!

Anonymous said...

First I have to say, "Lucky!" that you are going to Europe. Have fun!

Love the nails. When Anna was not even a year I painted her tiny toenails pink. I loved it! On saturday I went and got a pedicure and since then all three of my girls can't stop toouching my toes. Funny what makes girls happy!

I paint my girls nails during church every sunday. I use the aquadoodle pens. It's just water, but it looks shiny until it dries, and they love it! You could also use those kiddie nail polishs that are made out of Gel. It peels off and doesn't smell. So you won't make the fols in front of you pass out from the obnoxious nailpolish smell...

And lastly...I will totally come to CA for photoshoots. If you can get six I am all in! I should go over costs with you, though. Shoot me an email at juleslyt@yahoo.com!

Unknown said...

emma has been going with my sister to get her nails done since she was 3... so you may not be too far off from that dream of going together and pampering yourselves!

Every time I get a pedicure Emma ALWAYS notices and says "I like your nails" or "your nails look beautiful"

Such a GIRL!! :)

Kristie K. said...

oh my goodness! i am so jealous. I can't wait to do manicures and pedicures and updo's and first make up lesson, and teaching how to shape eyebrows. keep posting they cute girl things so i can live through you until i have one.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris