Thursday, January 14, 2010

Olivia

Photobucket

This is, technically, a terrible picture. Heavily side-lit, taken at a terrible time of day. But I still love it. I love the look on her face, it captures Olivia. Happy, sweet, her eyes sparkle and her smile is contagious.

We have been so blessed by this amazing little girl. She is a pure joy. She never cries(really, the Johnsons were here for a week and Jenny kept joking that she never heard her cry the entire time) She is the best sleeper I have ever heard of. She is silly, happy, compassionate and fun.

A few updates about our Liv.

She loves shoes. She wants to wear them all day long and gets upset if you try to take them off of her.

She wants to go as fast as she can. We joke that the only reason she walks is because she had to do it in order to run.

She loves her Siblings. She squeals with delight upon seeing them each morning. She loves to tackle, hug and kiss them. (She gets mad if they turn their faces during a kiss... it HAS to be a kiss on the lips.)

She loves mimicking. For example, in the bath she will grab the body wash, shake it onto the sponge, stand up and wash her whole body. Or she holds up the pretend camera to her eye and says, "cheese" (or something like cheese) She has always been such an intense observer and now we see why. This girl soaks in everything.

I love how easily she goes with the flow. I have never had a laid back baby before and, well, its something I could really get use to.

I am so grateful for our little Olivia. She lights up our life in every way. I know that, as crazy as it is to think about, she will be a fantastic big sister.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

I just love that picture too. You can just feel her personality in it and I have not even met her in person. I can see how the lighting was noon day and bright, but isn't that part of the glow of it? I just love it. Love it. What a sweet girl. I am glad she is such a beautiful part of your family.

Montana Wilkins said...

If you hadn't pointed out the technical problems of the picture I am sure no one would have noticed them at all because one, you've obviously got an eye for photography, and two, that child is ADORABLE! If you're ever in a bad mood, just pull that out and I'm sure the smile on your face won't stop. In fact, even I may come find this post just to feed off the happiness of that sweet baby girl!

Unknown said...

I love the picture Jill. I'm so happy you've been blessed with beautiful little Olivia!

Unknown said...

What a smiley little face. She is so adorable and we love her. Wish we could spend more time with her (and all of you)

karen said...

LOVE LOVE this picture. sooo cute..

Becca said...

She is such a doll! I love that photo!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris