Wednesday, January 6, 2010

These made my day!!

I can not wait to put some of these together and put them up in my house. Everyone knows how much I love photography. I think it steamed from having no pictures of my own upbringing. In our albums I go from a newborn, to 6 months, to 2 years. It kills me that there is not more documented by way of photographs of me and my Family. I am sentimental. I adore my Family. I hold tight to any and all memories that I have of growing up with the coolest Brothers and Sisters around.

So when I saw these pictures that my Uncle used in a Christmas Gift, I begged my Mom to send them over immediately. They make me so, so happy. So here are a few of my favorites! I love them so much, they are priceless!!!


I adore this picture. Growing up my Parents were never big on public affection, even just around the house. I think it has rubbed off on me as well. Its just not my thing, in the slightest. So I love seeing this cute picture of them.


I love this so much because it just captures my family. Silly, goofy, fun. Im sure there were more pictures like this than in any other poses. Plus it just makes me think, "Man, my Parents really did make such cute kids"


This is one of my first memories. Little Megan, in Utah, with the chicken pox. I remember looking at her and feeling sad because she had them so, so badly. I also like this because she reminds me of my Olivia in this picture. Megan was just the cutest little peanut. It makes me so happy to have a little girl who reminds me so much of her.


This was very typical. In almost every picture for years was me practically hanging on to my big sister. Charity was always so attentive and so nurturing. I was and am lucky to have her as my Big Sister. This picture gets me excited about having girls, sisters. Because having my own has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. (mostly, usually :)


This was one of my favorites. How I adored my Grandpa Boggs, and how he adored his Grandchildren. He had the softest blue eyes and the sweetest voice, always singing. I also love that this Moses basket is in this shot. I loved it. I remember using it for many a doll bed and Christmas Eve manger. And look at those curls... where are my girls'?


I have never seen a picture of me at this age before. I love it! It reminds me a little bit of Olivia. I also love how my Dad, I assume its my Dad, is carrying me. Just slinging me around, just like I do with my kids. O' how I wish I knew what their life was like with 5 little ones. I wish I could just sit back and watch their day.

I really did have the best Family. I am so grateful and so blessed. So much of who I am and what I want are based around little moments in my past, long ago.

3 comments:

Shari said...

how fun!!!!!!! i feel the same way about not having enough pics of growing up. this past summer my parents celebrated their 40th anniversary and my brother (with the help of the rest of my sibs) put together a photo dvd of their life full of pictures that i had never even seen before!!!!! it was awesome! and it made me so happy to know that those pictures DO indeed exist...now if I could just get my hands on them!!!!!!!!!!!

Tasha said...

So fun!! It makes me want to go looking in my mom's boxes of pictures. How fabulous to get these!!

Jana Heller said...

i love, love, love the one of your parents. isn't it amazing how much easier it is for us to document our families because of digital cameras? i would love to have a pic like this of my parents, though they would probably want me to burn it. love ya!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris