Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Poor Daddy!

Luke came home today, much like every day, excited about Kindergarten. He was very excited to show me all of his new offerings to be placed on our already cluttered fridge. As he took one item in particular out it became clear that there was something missing. Now I'm never one to point out errors in his art work. I ohh and ahh at pictures colored outside lines and body parts of all strange shapes and sizes. When he points out what something is I usually exclaim, "Thats exactly what it looks like honey!" But today I had a few questions.

"This is your Family?"

"Yep."

"Well, point out who everyone is"

"This is Ella, this is Mommy, this is O-live and this is me"

"Dont you think you may have forgotten someone very important to our family?"

Luke looks at his picture, study's it for a moment and then reply's.

"O' yeah!!! But the teacher said we couldn't draw our Dog."

I cant help but laugh. Dave is on the couch with just about the saddest face I have ever seen but also looking as though he's about to join in my laughter.

"Buddy, you forgot daddy!!"



Luke pauses. looks at the picture once more. And then starts to laugh. He points out that he drew an airplane over head to which i reply, in my dutiful Mommy voice, "thats exactly what that looks like"

"ummmm... Daddy's in the airplane"

Best picture yet Luke. I love you. And you chose a great word, your family is fun!!!

I know Daddy forgives you for leaving him out, seeing as how there is nothing more clear than the fact that you two are best friends. Now if it were me? I may not have laughed quite as hard.

3 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

So cute and hilarious and too bad for his dad all at the same time. And that's pretty much what you just said, but I agree!

Unknown said...

What can I say. That is soooo funny. Dave he loves you anyway. He's your buddy.

Tasha said...

That is too cute. I love how he added in that Dad was in the airplane. That was a very good picture Luke!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris