Sunday, July 11, 2010

goodbye routine, I'll miss you




(Pregnancy posts are getting old, I know. But I have to keep a record of all of this, especially since this will be my last time doing any of this again... I hope.)

the days of 3 kids are going by in an instant. I can hardly remember life with only 2 kids. And in due time I will only vaguely be able to recall life without 4.

There are plenty of times that I am more than grateful that this pregnancy is almost over. Times like standing up after sitting for long periods of time, when my legs forget to work right and when the pain in my sciatic nerve shoots all through my body. When I wake up at 4 in the morning only to be unable to fall back asleep for 2 hours for no good reason. Its just a quiet house, a dark room, scattered thoughts and a bulging belly. But then there are times when I look down and pat my round tummy and think to myself that I am in no hurry for her to be here. That I am just fine with her inside. Inside she is safe, she is quiet. With her inside life can resume in its normal fashion. And if you know me and know how much I need schedules and routines you'll know that disrupting our Family's "normal" is hard on us all.

But sure enough, in 21 days to be exact, we will rock our schedule out of the water. A routine will be a thing of the past as I will now be thrown into someone else's. Someone who will have none. She will sleep when she wants to. She will eat when she needs to. She will cry (and if she's like my other 3 she will do this often) She will need to be held and rocked and comforted. And thats what I suspect I will do for her. I just hope that I can do what I need to do for everybody else.

So here's to simplifying. Here's to going with the flow and to schedules thrown completely out of whack. Here's to relinquishing control. This will be interesting. (but im sure going to relish in it all for another 3 weeks)

2 comments:

Tasha said...

You look amazing Jill. So beautiful. I cannot believe it is just 3 short weeks away. You are such an amazing Mom. I am sure as you start into the months of no schedule you will also slowly startd developing a new one. You kids are so lucky to have you.

Judy and Mike said...

You look fabulous. You don't look like you have been sick a day in this pregnancy.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris