Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. I am still so amazed that it's already over and that we are now in December! It was a quite Holiday with some of the best food eve. I must say that Dave's turkey was the best we had all ever had. It was so juicy and so flavorful. The glaze was a mixture of Coca-cola and maple syrup and it made the best gravy I have ever had... hands down. We all ate until we had stomach aches, I finally asked Dave's Aunt to take my plate away from me. 
The kids had fun with their cousins and spending the morning skateboarding with their Dad. I will post those photo's soon. 
I have so many things to be thankful for and I don't acknowledge them all enough. 
I have been blessed with the most supportive and family oriented Husband I could ever imagine. He is always helping and playing both roles of Mom and Dad. I guess that's the blessing and the curse of being home so often. My kids are so kind and sweet. My days are filled with their hugs, kisses, silliness and compliments. A bit of screaming and crying too but I'll even take that. 
I have the great blessing of being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. All of my greatest joys and happiness' come from that one blessing. I know where I came from, my purpose in this life and where I am going after I depart this life. That knowledge brings me such peace and also gives me the confidence I need to dace the challenges in this life.
I could go on and on about what I am grateful for. The best friends who share so much with me and who inspire me to be a better person, Wife and Mother. Wonderful Parents and In-Law's who sacrifice much for me and my family, talents and hobbies to give me satisfaction and joy. 
I have been given much indeed.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

oh I love you Jill. You are such a good Mom and person. I love getting to read your blog!

Tiffany J said...

I share all your same sentiments! Life truly is a blessing and I appreciate all that you had to say! Ditto to everything!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris