Sunday, August 8, 2010

Charlotte Ryan... week 1

Photobucket


Oh how much joy this tiny girl has brought with her.

I keep looking at the clock and remembering what I was doing this time last week. Not knowing what this little one would be like, look like, be named or bring to our Family. What a difference that first week makes.

It has been such a pleasure getting to know Charlotte. She is sweet, loving, cuddly, content, curious and.. simply put, good. She eats good, takes a bottle as well as nurses great, falls asleep easily, sleeps wonderfully (only woke up 1 time last night) enjoys being in her car seat, swing and ergo baby carrier.

She loves to be outside especially. I will take her out and swing with her on our little glider and she really seems to enjoy it. If she gets fussy she will calm down immediately. Thankfully, at this point at least, she really doesn't get very fussy. She seems pretty calm and laid back. But when she does cry (especially when she wakes up hungry) she will go from 0 to 60. And for such a tiny thing she surly has a good pair of lungs on her.

Watching the kids with her has been such a hi-light of this week. They love to hold her and check up on her constantly. She is the first thing they want to see in the morning and they love to give her sweet kisses throughout the day. Olivia has been amazing. I was a little worried because she loves to sit on our laps and is quite a Momma's girl. She has done beautifully with the transition out of "baby". She loves to hold Charlotte and especially enjoys helping with her bottles. Its pretty cute! Plus she's become a little Daddy's girl throughout the last little while and I think Dave is really in heaven. 3 girls who dote on him... not such a bad gig.

The best part is that little Charlotte loves me. Sounds silly and insecure of me but its true and I love it. She turns her head towards the sound of my voice, she calms down quickly when I hold her, she cuddles right into my neck and falls asleep with me daily.

She loves me and I adore her.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

What a sweet baby! I am so glad that things are going well. You deserve a wonderful baby. And of course she loves you! :)

Ryan said...

She is adorable. I love Charlotte Ryan and can't wait to meet her.

Ryan

Tasha said...

Oh, that just sounds like a little piece of heaven. She is so beautiful. I love how sweet she is. Oh, this just makes me happy.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris