Thursday, August 26, 2010

longer

Its almost 1pm. There are things to be done. Many, many things. Olivia and Charlotte are asleep. Big kids are at School. Dave's getting in his daily dose of reading for his exams (im so beyond proud of him)

There are also some very necessary things to be done. Like a shower. But I would rather be doing this...



Holding my brand new, tiny Charlotte.

So yes, I should probably take this time to put her in her bed, shower, clean the kitchen and throw in the laundry thats covering my bedroom floor.

But Im not going to. Because I've learned that time goes by all too quickly. I can shower later, thats what perfume and deodorant is for. And the kitchen and laundry are patient, they'll kindly wait for me. But this lovely lady is going to be a day older another ounce heavier tomorrow. So Im going to sit here, still in my pajamas, and guiltlessly hold her longer. And Im going to love every moment of it.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Good for you! It goes by way too fast! It is so important to slow down and enjoy the little ones. I guess that is true for our older ones too :) They are growing up super fast also!

Tasha said...

Good for you. And it is just so so true.

Feather Fam. said...

Hey that is what I am doing today too!

Tiffany J said...

I love reading your blog because you always make me want to be a better mom! You're such a good mom to your kids!! They are SO lucky to have someone like you!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris