Tuesday, August 24, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things...

I have had a few expecting friends ask about my baby must haves. I thought I'd do a little review post on my top products. Those who know me know how obsessed I am with baby product reviews and research... its a curse. These are all my opinions.. just opinions. I hope I don't offend anyone with them.

1. Infant Car Seats- I have owned a different seat with each baby. Britax, Peg Perego, Graco and Maxi Cosi. I must say that I am loving my Maxi Cosi that Dave's Parents got us as a baby gift. Its small, lightweight and super comfortable.. not to mention that they have the coolest prints and color options. The weight/ length restrictions are not as high as a few others, which is why its so lightweight and easy to carry, but my kids are never in their infant seats for longer than 6 months so this didn't effect my decision here. Graco is always a safe bet as well, just not very exciting. Its a great car seat though and you wouldn't be at all disappointed if you went with this option.
Photobucket


2. Convertable car seat- Nothing touches the Britax line. In fact they just came out with a brand new design for all models. I cant tell you how many friends have gone a different route here only to be unhappy with it and buy the Britax anyways. Nothing is safer or more well made. You'll be using this seat for years, just buy it right the first time. This is a great time to buy the older version Marathon or Decathlon as they are all being clearanced out to make room for the 2010 models.
Photobucket

3. Mamaroo- I sold my swing and bouncers(as this is pretty much all of those things in one) to pay for this beauty. Its the best of all worlds. Check out their website for a video on it... very cool. www.4moms.com
Photobucket

4. Puj Tub- Best newborn tub. Kinda pricey and I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had several other baby itens to buy. This being my 4th I didnt have much to purchase, it justified this one. One of the best products out there for a newborn. No slipping. Charlotte has yet to cry in this bath, she is so cozy and cradled. And I dont even need to hold on to her with 1 hand like my last baby bath. Love that it drys flat, I hang it from my door hook.
Photobucket

5. Stroller- Spend your money here if no where else. You'll use this for 4 years.. buy it right. I am in love with my Baby jogger City Select. It can be a single or a double, is jam packed with options and features and maneuvers like a dream. I sold my old double jogger and my single bugaboo to buy this and have never missed either. This stroller will also grow with you if you want to add the other seat. Plus I can use car seat adapters and snap my infant seat in it so it can work like a travel system. If I have Liv I use it as a double. If shes not with me, I just take the second seat out and use it as a single. A dream!!

I love about anything made by Baby Jogger or Bob, and you can always find them in great shape on CL if you're wanting to save money and still have a quality product that will last for years. Key to a good stroller is maneuverability. I can steer my baby jogger, fully loaded, with one hand.

Photobucket

6. Miracle blanket- check their website for testimonials... I agree with them all. This is one of my favorite products ever and I have used the same 2 with all 4 kids. There are similar products that work great but this is the best one of its kind and will last you the longest because of its size.
Photobucket

7. Pacifier- I love the one piece silicone gum drops. They are soft and safe but not as huge as the soothies.
Photobucket

8. boppy lounger- My friend lent me her's and its been a dream. Charlotte sleeps on it each night and she is so comfortable. Its a perfect place for new babies to lounge. Its cozy and keeps them up at an elevated angle without slipping.
Photobucket

9. Aden and Anais blankets/ swaddlers/ burp cloths- I use these every day, all day. for everything. Love them!! They were a great gift!! This being my 4th I have lots of blankets but these are my all-time favorite.
Photobucket

10. Medela newborn foam soap- the cure for cradle cap. But use it right away and you'll never even see it on your baby head to start with. 1 bottle will last forever. Im still using the same one I used with Olivia when she was a baby.

11. Beaba Babycook- Steams and purees your food to make fresh baby food. These are on Craigslist all the time for half off. Lots of people have the ambition to do their own foods but dont follow through. This combo makes it easy, especially if you're as lazy as I am.
Photobucket

12.Ergo baby carrier- I sold my Baby Bjorn to buy this one from Baby Steals (where it was 40% off... great day!) Its amazing. Way more comfortable, love the front and back carry, Olivia loves to be in it on my back which is a nice option. It has a very high weight capacity and the weight is all on your hips so you cant even feel the kids in it. These rarely go on sale but you can find a plethora of them on Craigslist or ebay. About the same cost, or less, than the Bjorn but I fell it is a much better value for the money.
Photobucket

okay, there are a few favorites.... take 2.

2 comments:

Carly said...

I really love hearing what other moms (that I know and trust) say are their favorite baby/kid items. Most of these I haven't even heard of! That stroller looks like where it's at! I've look at quite a few double stroller options... but haven't seen (or noticed) this one. Definitely going to check it out!

lyndsey said...

love the reviews :) and seriously, how do you do so well with 4 kids?? all i have is jack and i'm so worn out and stressed that i can barely imagine getting through this week, let alone more kids :( you are my hero, fyi.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris