Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Splurge vs. conserve

Regina hit me up with this idea.

10 things I splurge on

1. My kids clothes: I am known to drop a hefty load at my favorite clothing stores. Janie and Jack is one of the cutest places I have found for girl clothes. I always shop sales but I still spend too much.
2. Name brand diapers: Pampers Cruisers are my favorite. Now that Luke is out of diapers this has relaxed a bit. I think it was more important to have the good one's with a boy.
3. Computers: Dave is an Apple man.. big time. We have a few of their products in our home
4. Razors: I can not do the cheap razors... its just not the same.
5. Good PPO insurance plans: I want to be totally in charge of my health care. And the best Doctors just dont take the less expensive plans.
6. Car washes: I like my car to be nice and clean but I am admittedly lazy. Car washes are one thing I have always happily spent my money on. It just feels so nice and makes me happy.
7. Bedroom linens: Nice down comforter, high thread-count sheets, plush mattress. I spend so much time in my bed, I want it to be a heavenly experience.
8. Silverware: I just like eating with good flatware. It needs to feel good in my hand and in my mouth.
9. Birthdays: I spend a lot of time and money on my kids birthday parties. I just love Birthdays and I want them to have a fun theme and be creative. It is so fun to have a big day all about you!!! I tend to get a little carried away.
10. Bath and Body Works soap: I just love the way your hands smell after washing. Its just a treat!

10 things I conserve on:

1. My clothes: I spend a lot on my kids but I dont buy a lot for myself. I am fine with what I have and if I do buy myself something its always on sale.
2. Make-up: I dont wear a lot of make-up so it's a waste to spend a lot of money on it.
3. Cereal: The other one's taste just a s good, if not better
4. Cleaning products: Its all the same to me
5. Shoes: I am usually in flip-flop's so its just not worth it to me.
6. Going out to dinner: I am so picky and simple in my food tastes that it's all the same to me. I can get good chicken strips anywhere. Though I feel bad for Dave on this one because he enjoys lots of tastes and restaurants.
7. Gas: Whatever is the cheapest...it will still make my car go
8. Accessories: I never wear anything other than my wedding ring. I would like to buy more and think it looks so cute but there are just other things I would rather buy then purses and jewelry.
9. Vacations: We always get these grand trip ideas but then always end up pretty close to home. Maybe when the kids are older and can appreciate it more.
10. music: I just listen to whatever Dave has on his ipod (see...apple) or on in the car. I am easy to please musically so I never buy cd's or itunes.

No comments:

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris