Saturday, December 26, 2009

The day after....

Twas' the day after Christmas, when all through the house
The dishwasher was running, barely avoiding a mouse
The stockings were strewn bout the family room floor
When it came to the candy, Ella couldn't have eaten more
The Children were fighting over who played with what
While visions of cleaning had made me a nut
There was wrapping and ribbons and boxes galore
There were blankets and toys strewn all over each floor
We had 5 DVD's that the kids wanted to watch
And a new wooden kitchen and air hockey table, top notch!
There were board games in plastic each kid wanted to play
But with reading all those directions, I hid them away
The sugar rush was still going, it was in full effect
Where have my real kids gone, the ones usually elect?
"Now Ella, Now Luke", I yell down the stairs
Calm down! Stop your fighting! Or Im taking your wears
There will be no more Star Wars, there will be no more dolls
I will take them right back to those horrible malls
You will have no more sugar, of this I am sure
It's going in the trash, I hope this is the cure
Of your insane behavior, you are driving me crazy
I dont have the energy, Im tired, Im lazy
So please stop your whining, your tears and your mood
After such a nice Christmas it's, simply put, rude
I sure hate you mess, and you sugar and noise
why do you insist on coming with these new toys?
Next year we'll skip candy, yes every last bit
It will be worth the initial Christmas Day fit
goodbye to you sugar, and chocolate cookies too
because all you are doing is making me blue
We had a great Christmas, of this there's not doubt
But moodiness and arguing's not what this Family's about
I cant wait for a clean house and happy, sweet kids
if these demands aren't met soon,well, I'll consider all bids.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a suggestion that is quite easy
Just take a minute and you won't feel queasy.
Put up your feet and pop in a movie
perhaps the one posted call "The Nativity".
You'll regain your composure and remember
the reason we celebrate at this wonderful season.
The kids sugar high and crabby relations
will all fade away to quiet oblations of love and
good cheer with a wish for a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!
WE LOVE YOU

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris