Monday, December 14, 2009

Its about time

As Dave put on Olivia's Christmas dress he told her that in order to wear it on Sunday she needed to start walking. You see, this dress was not cheap. I had to have it. I did NOT want her ruining it by crawling all over the floor in its rich, blue tulle. But she has just not wanted to walk. I kept threatening that if she was not walking in time then it would go back to Janie and Jack.

Sure enough, as soon as we started taking pictures of her standing in it, something she has done for months giving us false hopes, she walked over to me. I was about 7 feet away and she just went for it. It was so exciting. Proof that she has been capable for some time, just wanting to wait for the perfect moment.

See, I told you she was a good, obedient girl!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How precious!

Ashley said...

Hooray! All she needed was a pretty dress to motivate her! That is my kind of girl! I love the dress.

Tasha said...

That dress is adorable! I had to laugh when she she got herself to walk just when you needed her (so you could keep the fabulous dress!) Love it. She really is a good girl

Kim said...

This is a girl willing to do anything for fashion! You'll be telling her this story forever!

Holly Moore said...

oh my gosh Jill, she is SOO cute!

Shari said...

that is the best first steps story EVER! she is darling and I LOVE that dress!

KYoho said...

that's so exciting! Alayna sat up for the first time DURING her 6 month photo shoot, which isn't nearly as exciting, but your story reminded me of that!

The Ball Family said...

the best part of it all is you had the camera out for her first time walking. so lucky!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris