Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Ella Jane!

Photobucket

You are 4 years old now. In some ways I can not believe how quickly those 4 years went and in some ways I feel like you've been 3 forever.

As Daddy and I wrapped your Birthday presents we watched some old videos of you. All I could do was smile the entire time. I marveled at how small you were, how little hair you had and at how your eyes seemed to shine in every shot. It brought me back to the early days with you. Bringing you into our bed in the mornings and snuggling with you, kissing your fair skin and tickling you until you laughed so hard that you got the hiccups. I remember how sweet you were, how fun you were and how very smart you were.

And now here we are, so many years later and yet you are still that little baby in so many ways. Quick to steal the spotlight with your shining personality. Social and smart. Beautiful. There are also so many new things that we get to discover about you as time goes on. Here are a few things about you at age 4.

1. You are fiercely loyal. You stick up for your friends no matter what the situation. A boy from Church(about 8) was pointing out an arrangements of magnets on a chair that he thought was funny. You immediately assumed he was making fun of them and said, "that's not funny. My friend Maddie put those up, dont make fun of her." Now this boy was certainly not trying to tease anyone but you felt the need to stick up for your friend. No matter who this boy was or how old. There are so many situations like this one. You are the first to stand up for someone you love when you feel that there are feelings being hurt. And you don't let anyone intimidate you.

2. You are incredibly thoughtful. You are the first to want to do something for someone when you think they are in need. Sometimes its an extra hug. Sometimes a treat from the store. You have empathy way beyond your 4 years and I know it will be a blessing to others throughout your entire life. I came in to kiss you last night before I went to bed(something we do every single night) and as you stirred you hugged me tight and said, "Mommy, I want to buy you a purple dress so that maybe you can feel better." (I had been a little sick that day)

3. You are turning into such a great helper. You really enjoy helping out around the house, which has been really great for me,

4. You love to play pretend. You are very thorough in your conversations as you play, so much that I am often responding to you only to hear you say that it was your dolls talking to eachother. I have even been known to go to the basement to break up a fight to find that the fighting was just between 2 My Little Ponies. Yes, you are sometimes too realistic.

5. You love to snack. You could do so all day long. I am always finding you in the pantry with some pretzels or Cheez-its.

6. You love sweets and candy more than any little girl I have ever known. Maybe even more than I did!

7. You love clothes, particularly dresses. You change your clothes upwards of 4 times a day. It makes me crazy. When I dont see or hear you for a few minutes the first thing I usually yell is "Ella, you'd better not be changing!"

8. You are all girl. You love dolls, princesses, glitter, lace, ruffles, pink, shoes and your sparkly lip gloss. But you can also play in the dirt, take on a clone trooper or kick a ball with the best of them. I think its the perfect mix. One that may get the boys attention a little more than I'd like one day.

9. You love your Mommy. Even though I tell you to go back to sit with your class in Primary each Sunday, I love when you come sit on my lap and give me a hug and kiss. Sometimes you do this several times throughout Sharing Time.

10. You make life more exciting. You light up a room where ever you go. Our lives are all a little brighter with you in it.

We are so grateful for what you have brought to our lives, Ella. We love you so much.

Happy Birthday!!!!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday Ella! You are one sweet girl

Jana Heller said...

happy birthday sweet girl. i wish jackson could be there to celebrate with you. you are like two peas in a pod(i have always liked that saying). i hope you get all the pretty little dresses that you want.

KYoho said...

She is such a sweet girl, I had a great time visiting with her while I was there...Happy Birthday!

Holly Moore said...

So sweet!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris