Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dave

We are not cheesy people. Its not us. It wasn't my Parents either. This will be short and to the point with as little cheese as possible.

I wanted to thank my Husband. He is amazing.

Thank you for going out almost every night to get me food, because I cant cook these days. And because nothing sounds good long enough to even ask you to cook. Im sure you long for real food every night. Im sorry.

Thank you for not being upset or annoyed after you get back with food and I eat 4 bites and then throw the rest away.

Thank you for bringing up medication in the middle of the night, even though sometimes you were asleep and it took you 2 hours to get that way.

Thank you for letting me sleep in because upon waking up I feel nauseous. I know you're tired, even more so than I am. But you do it any how and you dont mumble or try to make me feel bad.

Thank you for going to the ER with me even though I am asleep most of the time and you have a hard chair to sit in with nothing to do.

Thank you for rubbing my feet, my back and my shoulders every single night. I know I never return the favor.

The day I found out I was pregnant I called you into the bathroom and cried on your shoulder. You took no time for yourself to process, all you did was hold me and tell me that this was going to be fine and that we could certainly do it. I know you were in total shock but all you cared about was making me feel better.

Thank you for doing the dishes almost every day.

Thank you for cleaning the toilets right before I throw up so that it will be clean for me.

Thank you for coming home from a long day at School and letting me be the one who gets the break.

Thank you for making this so easy to write because you are amazing and never cease to make me wonder how I got so lucky.

I love you so much. I know I dont show you very well right now but I hope you always know it. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and almost every good thing I have in my life is because of you. (ok, that was cheesy, sorry)

4 comments:

karen said...

Two things -- 1. What a great husband,man,father,friend,etc dave is ! So glad you two found each other :)
2. Love that fam pic -- who took it ? I'm looking for a photographer who will just take maybe 5 or some pictures for reasonable price - a family picture as a mothers day gift for my mother in law since we all are going to calif in july (all kids,grandkids,etc)..

Tasha said...

I am glad you have such a great person to take care of your right now. Keep you going and hanging in there.

KYoho said...

awwww I am so glad you are being taken care of! Kudos to Dave!

The Roth's said...

having an amazing husband is such a blessing! Russ cleaned the toilets for the first 6 months of pregnancy with Jayda...then I discovered gallon sized zip lock baggies. Sounds totally disgusting...but barfing, zipping, and tossing made me feel better than hanging my head over a butt seat. Plus, you can keep them in your pocket for on-the-go emergencies. Anyway, you've probably heard that trick a thousand times but I thought I'd share just in case! Hang in there...as you know, that precious little spirit will be sooooo worth it!

Also, I guess our moms hung out after Whit's baptisim and my mom LOVES your mom and had such a great time! They're too cute.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris