Tuesday, February 23, 2010

update on, well, me.


Me today, taken with crummy iphone. I am almost 17 weeks.


So here's the newest on me and this pregnancy.

I am coming up on 17 weeks pregnant. I have been in the ER twice in a 12 day period of time. Too much throwing up. The second time I was so set on not needing to go in. It was mind over matter. I would drink an ounce of water only to lose it shortly thereafter. Matter was winning. Once again, I felt defeated. After about 22 hours of not keeping anything down I knew I had to go in. For the baby. Because if it were for me I would have just sucked it up and kept on trucking.

Dr. thought it may be gall bladder problems. We were going to order an ultrasound on it. I went in today to discuss with my Dr. that she no longer felt it was fitting into the profile of Gall Bladder problems and that we were putting that on the back burner. But she was worried. I had lost 8 lbs. in 2 weeks, which isn't at all unheard of, but in your second trimester losing weight becomes a scarier thing.

Doctor put me on a third medication today. I suppose its okay, as long as these things are working, or will work. So far I see the best results from my 8mg of Zofran, but I can only take that one every 6 hours. I need it every 4. I have another that lapses with it but I dont see the same results. Its a bummer. especially at night.

I had some more blood drawn. They're testing my thyroid.

The worst news is that if things dont start changing within the next 2 weeks they will make me got my nutrients through a tube. Anyone out there had to do that? Im worried about it. Im doing my best to avoid that route at all costs.

This baby had better be good and cute. And like being in a car seat.

And after a few more ultrasounds Im still going strong on not knowing what we're having.

12 comments:

Carly said...

Yikes! I knew it was going to be bad news when I saw the bandaid on your elbow crook. I am so so sorry. I hope things start calming down soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Ashley said...

You look tiny girl!! I'm definitely worried! I hope you get feeling better soon and they figure this thing out!

sarawhat said...

Soooo, my cousin jessica had the tube where she got all of her nutrients for her whole pregnancy (almost) because she was so sick. If you want her email, I'll gladly get it for you so you can ask her any questions you have. Let me know! I'm so sorry that you've been so sick. I can't even imagine.

Tasha said...

Oh Jill, this sounds just aweful. Second trimester and this much sickness? Not fun. Sigh. I am thinking of you. And you are going to the top of my prayer list. I will add your name in the temple when I am there on Thursday. Keep hanging in there.

Judy and Mike said...

Wow, you are definitely have it rough go of it.
My niece was so sick she had to get a pump that she could pump her own medication when she needed it. It has worked and now she is on a cruise.
I hope you get what ever you need to feel good and to be healthy.

shari berry bo-berry said...

oh Jill!!!!!! i'm so sorry you've been suffering so much with this pregnancy! i can't even imagine...and having to still be mommy to 3 other little ones at the same time is unheard of!

keep us updated on how you're doing and we'll keep ya in our prayers!!!!!

i'm sorry they don't know what it is yet!

The last Unicorn said...

oh you poor thing! I only had one trip to the ER and thought that was rough. I take unisom with B6 and that usually helps. I dont know what I would do with out it because all the meds my doc gave me gave me horrible headaches! I hope everything will be OK. I know one person who had to be hospitalized with a food tube... I have no idea about the costs! Hang in there!

Deb said...

Wow!!! I was going to complement you on looking so good, but then I read on...Not good. I too hope that your body can work things out on it's own.

Our bodies are amazing!

Good for you to take care of you and your baby and go into the ER despite wantig to.

Your in our prayers for sure!
Stay strong and ask for help when you need it!

Tamsyn said...

I am so sorry!!! That stinks, but hopefully things will turn around! I also will be praying for you guys!!

The Ball Family said...

Please feel better soon. Please! I can't even imagine being so miserable. I thought I had it bad, but you take the cake. We will pray for you. Keep us all posted.

Ashley said...

So, what can I feed you? You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Your kiddos are welcome to come over anytime.

Kim said...

Amy (Fox) Howe had to get her "nutrients through a tube" for quite a long time. She finally got off of it but now is having contractions...not fun and I feel bad for you. Sorry, hope they find something that works or time goes by really fast, or you get a miracle!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris