Monday, March 29, 2010

O' how we love her

My head is still spinning. My baby went into Nursery yesterday. That can only mean 1 thing. She is 18 months old!! It has sure snuck up on us.

Olivia is just about the sweetest thing ever. She loves to hug and kiss. She's a little shy and a little reserved. A clever little thing and as smart as a whip. She's fun, silly, cheerful and full of joy.She is really starting to use a lot of words and makes it very easy for me to know exactly what she wants and needs. She's never really one to throw a fit but when she does its so out of character for her that I cant help but to laugh.

She absolutely adores being outside, more so than any of the other 2. She is content to play out back until long after the other kids have frozen and good sense has told them to come in. We end up needing to carry Liv inside as she cry's, hands cold as ice.

She adores water and had a blast with Papa last week in his pool. I think she could have splashed and played in the warm sunshine for hours.

Photobucket

O' the things I could say about our amazing Olivia. But I will spare you all of my never-ending gushing and adoration. I will just say that she is one of the greatest little girls there could be and I am so privileged to be her Mother.

Just a cute little story. When we were in CA Olivia and her Papa had a little greeting going, just between them. When they would see each other they'd each stick their tongue out and make a silly sound. We thought it was pretty funny that she'd do it so consistently each time she'd see Papa, and only Papa.

Fast forward to yesterday. Olivia saw my Dad for the first time in almost a week (he was here with the Wilkins crew on a ski/snowboarding vacation up in the mountains) The moment he walked in the front door she immediately smiled and, without missing a beat, did her part of their secret greeting. Pretty cute. And it warmed my heart knowing that she could so strongly feel the bond she has with her Papa already.

She is still our little peanut at 20.5 lbs. (5%) and she's 31 3/4" tall (50%)

Photobucket

This is my favorite. Its a typical sight at our house. Though, usually, Olivia is pushing her suffocating siblings out of her way.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love that last picture! too cute!

The Ball Family said...

JILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that is by far the cutest picture I have ever seen in my life!

Tasha said...

I can't believe she is 18 months old. I love that picture with your dad. And that story is so sweet. I love when my kids develop strong relationships with my parents or siblings. It just makes me happy. The last picture is beyond fabulous. I love it. Don't moments like that one just make you happiest?

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris