Thursday, April 10, 2008

already an exhibitionist

I went in for a regular Doctors appointment today. I am coming up on 16 weeks and was scheduled for a typical visit.
 
Weight... check (by the way contrary to my worry about gaining weight in Europe I have actually lost 2 pounds thanks to throwing up and feeling yucky still) Blood pressure... check. Pee in a cup... check. Go into get an ultrasound to check on some past issues and see what I am having.... check.... wait, what?!

Thats right. The decision of whether or not to find out what I am having has been made for me. The moment that gooey covered instrument hit my belly there it was. A little bottom with a dark slit going one way, and another dark slit going in the opposite direction.
The saddest part was that Dave wasn't even there. I felt like a single Mother hearing the news all alone. I do have to say though I was sooooo excited!!! I can truthfully say now that, though there were pluses with both sex's, I really wanted a girl. And I guess she wanted me to know that she's coming, our little Olivia.

Now Ella will have a Sister, now all of Ella's "Janie and Jack" outfits will get more use (or use for the first time) now I will have another girl to shop with and to buy bows and ribbons for, now I get to use my second favorite name, now there will be more pink in our house, now the girls can fight over make-up, boys and clothes, now I will have 2 weddings to pay for..... wait, im not sure I thought this desire through.

So there you go. No 9 month sex surprise for me. Although her whole life will be full of surprises and I cant wait!

13 comments:

Kim Harvey said...

I am so happy for you Jilly Boo! Thanks for calling me and telling me. I am so excited for you guys. I will live vicariously through you with all the bows and ribbons, and skirts and dresses. She will have a lot of boy cousins to protect her! Can't wait to meet her. Now if we can only get you not to move to Colorado.....

karen said...

ohh how exticing !! Girls are so cute.. did you know that ella was one of the names we wanted... but one of chris' friends named their girl ella so we decided not to use it.. picking names for girls are HARD !!! i already have a boy name lined up.. hopefully we'll have a boy next :)

sara said...

So fun! Yea for girls! I'm glad you found out and shared the news with all of us.

Jenny J said...

sorry i got you in trouble...in the future, i will now wait for the boys to share and pretend like i don't know.

bob says we have to live vicariously through you. so anytime you want to go back to europe, you know who to call first.

Unknown said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY congrats!!
Hopefully ella and olivia will be the best of friends growing up :) Of course luke too, but there's nothing like a sister bond!

Tiffany J said...

Congratulations you guys! Divine intervention? I love how excited you said Luke was! That's awesome and probably very reassuring.

Brad said...

Yeah! Thanks for going to the Conference last night! It was great! Talk to you soon!

Jana Heller said...

i knew you'd find out!

Wilkins Family said...

congrats girlie! It will be so fun for our boys, they just love ella and I'm sure olivia will get mauled from her cousins too! Good point with all the thousands of dollars in janie and jack's stuff too! Way to go!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Congrats!!! I love that name too!

Kristie K. said...

Yea!!! Gotta love girls. I am so happy for you!

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you. I love your kids, seriously. I can't wait to see what little Olivia will look like. I love that name too.

Tasha said...

Oh, I am SOOO so happy for you!!! A little girl . . . and I love the name Olivia! I am just happy, happy, happy for ya!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris