Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dear baby....

Me at 17 weeks




Hi baby, 

I guess I could just say, "dear baby girl" or even "dear Olivia" but that's still just a bit weird for me.... don't know why.
Im starting to feel more at ease with knowing that you're a girl. Initially, when I discovered, I was really excited... especially because I wanted another girl so bad. But as I got home and for the next few days I was pretty disappointed that we no longer had the secret I was hoping to have. Im still a little bummed out about the whole thing but I am just trying to be happy and excited about all of the positives there are for knowing now, as opposed to in September. Like looking at all the cute baby bedding and clothes. Looking, not buying Dave.
I wish I weren't still feeling kinda' sick. What's this all about baby girl? I am 16 weeks along and still throwing up every so often? Now thats not very nice. Things have gotten better so thank you for that, but I think I have thrown up more in the last 3 weeks then I have in the first 12 weeks. On a positive I haven't gained any weight yet, until this past weekend with the girls in Palm Springs I'm sure! Though I have never felt worse then when I was pregnant with Luke. O' sweet Lukie, he still holds the title for worst and hardest pregnancy.
I am so grateful that you are growing and getting stronger each day. I have gotten to have 4 ultrasounds so far and have been lucky to see you so often. If you could do your part with the throwing up thing I'd really appreciate it. 
I'll see you again in a few weeks for another ultrasound... we cant wait, especially Daddy.
I love you,
Mommy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill, you are so cute writing letters to your baby. Olivia
is coming into a really fun family and it will be so fun to see if she is completely different than Ella or has the same personality. They can be such good friends
as they grow up. Your family will be like Lee's--an older brother and two sisters. That's kinda neat.
Love you!

Jenny J said...

i'm lovin' the basketball shorts.
there's just something about 'em when i was pregnant that made me feel skinny.

Kim Harvey said...

You almost make me want to have another one already....I have to admit, I miss some of it (being pregnant, that is). I can't believe I am saying that! But I do miss the excitement and the growing belly and the bonding.... Enjoy every minute of it. Well, not the throwing up part.

Becca said...

A baby girl!!!!!SO exciting! Sorry you are still feeling sick. Nothing worst!!!!Congratulations!!!So thrilled for you. Sisters are the best!

Anonymous said...

You are TINY. Not fair. By 13 weeks I am out to there! And I'd already gained at least 10 pounds.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris