Monday, April 7, 2008

bad zoo, good times!


I woke up this morning and was determined to do something different with the kids today. We had a long weekend indoors and I could tell they both needed to get out and have some fun!
Disneyland was my first thought, its free and loads of fun. Then I realized I couldn't take Luke on any of the rides he'd really want to go on with me being pregnant and having Ella with me.  That, I soon realized, was a recipe for disaster. 
The Santa Ana Zoo was exactly what we needed. Cheap, low-key, new and lots of room to roam and run. I remembered it was a pretty awful "zoo"... more like a pretty park with a few monkeys, but it was perfect!
We called our friends Tiffany and Brady and we headed out for a fun morning. And that it was. 


I love these kids. Its hard o imagine I will be loving another one just as much soon


Ella and her Frog, or is it a toad?

The 3 cuties

Ella, reluctantly, petting a big Goat

And Luke's turn with Fridge, appropriately named.

"who, me?"

on the train ride, the highlight

Lukie boy

Ella girl

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

It was a fun morning. Brady had so much fun...the train is defintely the hightlight of that "zoo". Too bad we were a day off...we could've gotten on free! ha ha Thanks for the invite! It was fun. The pictures you sent me were awesome too! Thank you!

Jen said...

What a fun day! Thanks for your comments, I was beginning to wonder if Dave was turning sympathetic for other women besides he wife. HA HA JK I figured it was you! Love you too! Hope you had an awesome trip to Europe - enjoyed the pictures.

The Ball Family said...

That looked like so much fun! I need to research our area and take Parker to fun places more often. Maybe in a month or so when I don't feel like poop all day. Luke and Ella look so adorable. That shot of them from behind hugging is seriously priceless.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris