Saturday, June 21, 2008

Beat the heat

Daddy and Ella. When we were back in the car she kept saying, "Daddy, the waves were a little bit scary for me."

Daddy and Luke 
He loved being in the Ocean with Dave

Checking out the break

Lukie is my hero

She just wanted her Brother to hold her hand... they love each other so much

Bell and cutie pie Kate Muelleck

Dave heading to the Pier


Being that we are in the middle of record-breaking heat out here we were thrilled when our friends, The Muellecks, invited us to the beach. It was just what we needed. 
I love going to the beach. Although its a totally different type of ordeal then it once was. My time is now spent on the sand rather than the shore. Each time I am there I can't help but be flooded with memories of past Summers spent. 
Jr. Lifeguards was one of my favorite childhood memories. An entire Summer filled with swimming, running, being social and getting tan. Its what I was about back then. I remember the fear within me as I barely made it around the pier the first Summer. And the thrill of running past all the boys on our long Jetty run's. I still get a rush when I contemplate those years.
As we prepare to leave the Coast I cant help but to be reminiscent. I am so lucky to have grown up here and am thrilled that we will always have Family here to visit, especially in the Summers. I know our kids will have many, many beach memories just like me and their Daddy. (who is back there now surfing.... again!)

5 comments:

sarawhat said...

These are SUCH gorgeous pictures! What kind of camera do you have?

Julie said...

I miss HB! We're coming down next week, maybe we could meet up at mother's beach if it's still super hot??

regibells said...

Oh I miss the Beach! Love the beach pics...your kids are so adorable! Hope you are feeling well!

Unknown said...

Ah! sweet memories of the beach. I hope some future summer I can enjoy my grandchildren at the beach.
I love the way Luke and Ella are so cute together.

Tiffany J said...

Hey we were there too! Just on the opposite side of the pier...! It was a great beach day...looks like great minds think alike. We had family in from out of town and we HAD to make some memories at the beach! I'm glad you guys got to do the same...let's go before the move! We need it and summer is DEFINITELY here!!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris