Monday, June 30, 2008

Luke loves T-ball







Luke has been biting at the bit and counting down the days for 5 weeks. Why? T-ball.

He is doing so well and really, really loves playing. Dave simply couldn't be happier.

He insists on wearing his baseball hats everywhere, he loves when a Cub's game is on TV, and he and his Dad went to his first Angels game 2 weeks ago. He watched intensly and wanted to stay the entire game. (I don't know who is happier about this, Mom or Dad. I am now released from baseball obligations.)

Its been so fun to watch him hit and throw. We are still working on the catching part. The biggest surprise is the little bit of competitive edge he's started showing. He runs so hard in warm-up's, pumping his little arms as fast as they will propel him. And when someone hits he will run in the direction of the ball and literally throw himself on top of it. I was just waiting for him to make contact with some poor victim. He was using his size the best he could and actually got the ball most of the time. I have never been so surprised. Maybe his size will be beneficial (he's the tallest kid on the team... and pretty much everywhere)

Here's to the first of, I'm sure, many ball games. I'm in Lukie.

10 comments:

Jana Heller said...

is he left handed? i don't think i knew that. steven wants one of our children to be left handed but that hasn't happened so far, maybe ashy. love the pictures. you truly out-do yourself.

Jillyboo said...

Luke is predominately right handed. He has used both here and there his whole life. In fact I just realized he threw the ball left handed when you left this comment... I dont really notice.

shari berry bo-berry said...

so cute! i love that last pic with his tongue out...you can tell he's totally focused! :)

Tiffany J said...

This is why boys are so fun! I bet he's a great player and it's nice he has found his sports nitch! I love the action shots you have, I feel like I'm there watching with you guys...maybe we can go to a mini game or practice with you? Brady would love it! He can say "baball" now! ha ha

Becca said...

I love those shots Jill!!! How cute is he!!I love that last one of him throwing!!!

Brad said...

Yay Luke!
That looks so fun. What a great thing to get him in for the summer!

Jamie C. said...

Adorable pictures Jill. I love the first one. That's a boy who's keeping his eyes on the ball! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!!! Can't wait! Way to go, Luke!

The Ball Family said...

Your photos area just getting better and better. Did you get a new camera? The quality of picture seems different than mine. Maybe you know how to use it better than I do. I guess photo shop helps too. Anyway, the pictures look great!

Jen said...

Hi Jill!!
I found you from Kim's blog - hope you don't mind I snooped on yours! Are you a photographer? Your pics are beautiful!!! How cute your hubby blogs some times! Darling family...feed 'em some veggies!! ha ha ha

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris