Thursday, June 26, 2008

I can walk again

Forgive the intrusion, but the blog's been lonely with Jill at girls camp.

So I've been walking around with a foreign object in the ball of my foot for almost a week, and it's been quite painful.
The pain kept getting worse, so today I went to work on digging it out.
I had been using a poor set of tweezers in previous attempts, which is why they've all be unsuccessful, so today I mixed it up a little and used my Gerber multi-functional tool.
I started using the tip of the blade to lift the skin a little.
Once the skin was loose, and I had some room to work, I popped open the tweezers and started digging.
It took a little time, and there was plenty of blood and pus, but eventually I pulled the culprit out.
This nice little shard of glass worked itself a little deeper with every step I took over the last 6 days. I'm either very tough for walking around with this sucker or very stupid, but not both, and definitely not tough.

9 comments:

Jenny J said...

definitely a man's post.

i appreciate the story.

but jill, come home. i like pictures of pretty boy and girl faces better than stories that make me *gag*

glad you're feeling better, dave

Tiffany J said...

OUCH! Where did the glass come from? I can't believe you didn't "dig in" there sooner!? Hopefully it will heal itself up good as new!

OH and watch out for other shards of glass....don't want a repeat

Jana Heller said...

way to go dave. steven would have done the same thing. i am glad that you are able to walk comfortably again.

The Ball Family said...

yes, tough... and yes, very stupid for taking so long to get that thing out of your foot. How deep was it? BTW- An Apollo Loco just opened up abour 20minutes from our house. The first in Utah.. flan, yum!

Unknown said...

I just had to cringe in pain as I read that!

Richelle said...

jill, i cannot believe how big that thing is! although i am stupid sometimes and just hope the pain will somehow magically go away. but honestly, how good did it feel when you finally pulled it out?

regibells said...

WOW thanks for the pics...it really gets you hanging on the edge of your seat. OUCH that had to be painful!

Shane and Becky said...

Well, Dr. Dave.... ouch. I can't believe you've been walking around for days with that thing in your foot. But those multi tools are great! Glad you got it out and hope it doesn't get infected. Neosporin is a cure all.

Unknown said...

Ouch! Where's a Mom when you need her.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris