Friday, August 29, 2008

Denver Zoo

I used what was left of my Birthday money and we bought annual passes to the Denver Zoo. (which was such a deal. only $80 for the entire family! And it included 2 free guest passes and parking.)

The kids had a great time. Ella was so into each and every animal, I think she could have stayed at the Polar Bear's for an hour. It was a little scary though the way the Bear zeroed in on her the whole time. I think that she thought maybe Ella was one of her own, that white hair and all.

Luke was so excited to see the... get this, tarantula. He's been looking at spiders a lot online lately, much to my horror and dismay. And he learned that the zoo had a big one. Too bad for him we took a right into the park and didn't get to the spider until the very end. This put a damper on the other animals, he only wanted that darn spider... o' and to see the cockroaches. What is with my Son? So that is why he was not in many shots, he was protesting the other animals until he saw what he wanted.





she wanted to be tall like the Giraffe. 

watching the Polar Bear swim.


this break was actually for Mom, not the kids. I got so tired.





She was a little nervous.


3 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

I love how it looks like Ella is about to kiss that polar bear! such a cute pic! :)

Tiffany J said...

What a great idea to use your bday money on! Fam days are the absolute best and I LOVE it when we're all together. Your kids will LOVE this...

sara said...

I love going to the zoo...always have. I think it's great when families go. It cracked me up that Luke only wanted to see the spider and roaches...crazy kid! :-)

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris