Friday, August 1, 2008

Finally!

After 2 years at the In-Law's house, waiting for 3 months to hear back from 4 Schools PhD. program's, being 1 of 4 accepted into Dave's first-choice University, applying for new Insurance, finding a new OBGYN in my last trimester, filling out 17 pages about Luke for his new programs, changing over 8 bills, finding a new house, ordering new checks, buying a second car, collecting boxes and bubble wrap, packing 46 boxes of varying sizes, loading a 23 foot moving truck, driving 15 hours, $250 in gas, 6 hours of deep cleaning our old home, saying to many good-bye's to count, tying up loose-ends, missing a 6am flight, making it on stand-by for a 2 1/2 hour flight, meeting 8 others in our driveway to unload a MovEx truck, unloading boxes non-stop, setting up furniture, 2 incidents involving blood and tools,  2 Target runs. and a grocery store run that cost more than I can stand to type......

          WE MADE IT TO COLORADO!!!!!

and we're loving life.

more details and pictures to follow. 

10 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

I'm so glad you made it there safely! Moving is such a pain...believe me, I know from experience! (I've moved like 16 times!) I can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Good luck out there...I hope you love it in Colorado! I have so many good memories of living there!

sara said...

Wow, what a trip you had. Moving is such a pain, especially with two kids and pregnant like you are! I'm glad you made it safe and sound and that your mostly settled. Good luck and can't wait to see pictures!

Katrina said...

I hope life will calm down for you, or you'll have that baby sooner that you think. I'm going to miss my twin here in CA. :) I'm still going to get called Jill, eventhough you are gone. Miss you!

Unknown said...

Phew! I'm exhausted. I didn't know you had missed your flight. You never mentioned that. What a pain.
We are so happy you are there and settled in. We love you.

Tiffany J said...

I'm so glad you made it there all safe and sound! Can't wait to see you all! I can't believe baby Olivia is going to be here SO soon!! Yeah!

BallardConnection said...

I am tired for you Jill! I don't know how you have found the energy but I am glad you are closer to being settled...but than again you probably still have a long way to go getting everything all set up. I hope everything goes well for you....send me your address please! And don't work too hard, take it easY!

BallardConnection said...

YOu probably have no idea who wrote that...haha....This is Regina by the way!

Becca said...

geee whiz!!!!That sounds like all to familiar experiance!!!! But now you are there and life can start!!!Enjoy!!!!

Kim Harvey said...

Boo Hoo! Come back to me. :) I'm glad you are loving it-it is always so fun to move to a new place. Ryan says I am addicted to change and that's why we've moved 16 times in 9 years. Anyway, miss you all and love you guys. You need to get on the pictures so I can see your new house and my cute niece and nephew.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Welcome to Colorado Jill!! I look forward to meeting up. Remember to come see Ruby's in Colorado Springs! We will look forward to the opportunity to go see Parker. Let's keep in touch.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris