Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grateful

I am grateful. Just so grateful.

I am extremely humbled at what I have.

So, recently, I do a few things differently.

I read longer bedtime stories without flinching.

My arms are a little tighter as I hug my kids.

My voice is softer.

I am more patient.

I try to get down on all four's and play "cat" with Ella.

I observe a little more lovingly.

I recognize that material things should not matter to me. Time matters to me.

I spend more time doing what the kids wold like, even if I am tired. Even if they want to go to the park to play soccer at 4:30 in the afternoon. Even if I am hot.

I cherish the time with Olivia in the middle of the night as her tiny body lay in my long arms.

I contemplate just how possible it is for me to have and to adore one more baby (though no time soon)

I work out consistently to take care of this amazing body that can do so much for me.

There are a few things I do differently, with more purpose. I try harder to be intentional as I love and raise my kids. I reflect more about the amazing Husband I have been blessed with. I appreciate this gospel and want to do better at living it more fully.

I have much to be grateful for.

Don't we all?

3 comments:

Becca said...

thanks for the reminder Jill!!! too too sweet!

Tiffany J said...

YES! We do. I am still trying to reach that level. Becoming a mom has made me realize how selfish I was with "my" time. What "I" want to do rather than what was best for Brady. I'm grateful for the patience our kids have in us, we are all still learning and growing. Thank you for the post! It's very sweet! We are all so blessed!

Terri and Roger said...

What I always loved to do & still wish I could do all day is just to be in the same room with my kids - be a fly on the wall and see them live their lives and be with friends & family. Kinda creepy, huh? Memories are made from the inside looking out rather than from the outside looking in, I guess. Man, I'm really learning to type like a dynamo! Look at me! (still watching the keys, tho.)

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris