Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Day

My Mothers Day was filled with peace, sweetness, thoughtfulness, laughter and even a few tears thanks to a wonderful Relief Society class and the blessing of a righteous Bishop.

I awoke to a delicious Breakfast made by Dave. This feat was huge. The fact that he one, has Mono; and two, had to start it at 6am in order to have it ready and eaten before a 8:30am Ward, made it all the more meaningful. He is about as good as any Husband and Father can get.

Luke had proudly displayed his projects which he made in School and anxiously met me at the base of the stairs to lead me to them. He announced that he was also going to make me dinner for Mothers Day. When Ella awoke she gave me a darling cup, made at Pre-School and another gift which I will always remember. When asked what she wanted to get me for Mothers Day she thought long and hard. The Pepsi that she presented to me this morning was what she came up with, all on her own, she knows me too well.

As the kids, singing together in Sacrament meeting for the first time as they held hands, were standing in the front of the Congregation I suddenly heard a little voice.

"Hi Mommy!"

And a few seconds later, as the music was starting to be played,

"I love you Mommy!"

As the song went on I could see the frustration in Ella's eyes. And then I heard her whisper,

"I dont know this song!"

She was annoyed and upset. When she came back down she had tears in her eyes as she told me she didn't get to sing. I let her know that just seeing her up there smiling was about the best gift she could have given me. It was a close tie between that and the Pepsi.

And it was all summed up in a sweet bed time moment with Luke. I lay there with him, after his nightly story and prayer, and he held my face and told me to close his eyes. He then stated some lines from one of my all-time favorite stories.

"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as Im living
My Mommy you'll be"

And then a sweet kiss finished off the moment like icing on cake.

I love being a Mother. It is the source of my greatest growth and happiness. I know I was foreordained before this life to come to earth and to participate in the rearing of Heavenly Father's children. It is a great honor and blessing.

Though there are days when I feel overwhelmed or wish my Children were a little older and independent, I know that I will look back on these days and miss them terribly. I treasure these sweet moments with these magnificent, elect spirits. And I think to myself how happy I am to be their Mommy.

3 comments:

Terri and Roger said...

Thank you for letting me share your life. After I read your comments and ?s about me (so sweet & thought provoking), I bounced to some other blogsites and back to your newest post. It was so rewarding as a mother to experience motherhood thru my own child on this day of uncomfortable accolades and doubts of my acceptability to all the Powers That Be. (incl those who were on the receiving end for the good AND bad moments.) The reward for my motherhood is the lives of my children - not just their thanks or successes, but the privilege of being in their circle and knowing that no one can ever take that away from me but me.

Vauri said...

I love thats your daughter brought you a pepsi! That is so funny! Sounds like something my kids would do! Being a mom is the best!

Nicole said...

So sweet, and I loved the post about your mom. She is a fantastic lady! I am glad to say that I have known her in my life.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris