Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ella's first recital


Yesterday was what being the Mom of a girl was all about. Pink, lace, frills, sequence, ballet shoes. It was all there in overdrive. 
Ella had her first ballet recital. She was a star! She performed beautifully and wasn't a bit scared as she shook her stuff in front of hundreds of people.
She lit up realizing that all these people were here to see her! When it was really just Dave and I. But in her head, they were all there to gaze and smile upon her beauty.
And I have to admit, I teared up a little upon watching my little girl up on that big stage, so pretty and confident. I cant wait for many more of these types of experiences with my girls!


Photobucket
making her wish that she'd do well. which she did

Photobucket
The make-up was a little much but they really wanted them to wear it. Her eyes kill me when she's got this mascara on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

Tasha said...

So darling!! She looked beautiful. So fun to have a girl in a dance recital. Love it.

Tiffany J said...

I LOVE her costume! So cute! She looks like a star! Those are some beautiful pictures and her eyes...WOW! What fun to have a girl! (I'm hoping, and secretly placing an order for a girl of my own...the third time around ha ha)

Becca said...

posts like this make me think having little girls is the only way to go!

Montana Wilkins said...

That is so fun. You pictures are always so awesome!
I am really hoping to get Samantha into dance again this fall. I'm just glad I've got some tools that will help her be successful in it now! Ella looks so darling and her eyes in the picture with her head in her hands are unbelievable!

Unknown said...

Can I just say... I LOVE that first picture of Ella. It's such a beautiful shot with the colors and the dandelion blowing in the wind!!

regibells said...

Wow look at all those gorgeous pictures of your kids. Such a talented photographer you are. You are going to make and awesome primary pres. I wish you lived closer so I could live vicariously through you as the mother of girls! They are so beautiful and sweet. Maybe it is good we don't live too close because we can set them up with my boys when they are older. =)

Ashley said...

Good grief! You are such a great photographer, Jill.
Ella is beautiful...and it's so wonderful that she'll have these beautiful pictures to remember her special day. I'm sure she danced her heart out and that the crowd loved her! Wish I could have watched!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris