Thursday, November 5, 2009

I should have known....


That this day was going to do me in. At about 1pm, half way through the day folks, I noticed this....




Thats right, 2 different shoes. I had been to Luke's School, taken the Dog to the groomers, stopped at the Camera Store to admire the D700, and even taken Olivia to the Doctors!!!!

This is a bad sign people. A very bad sign.

As I lay with Luke to tuck him into bed I confided in him that I was grumpy.

He gave a sympathetic smile and said, "I know Mom. Its all right."

When I asked him how he knew that I was grumpy he simply stated, "I heard you."

I guess even the tome in my voice gave away the fact that, for no real reason in particular, this was a long and hard day.

Clearly.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad to see that your shoes matched today! :-) Clearly it's a much better day today...except I hope your head feels better soon! Thanks a million for the adorable shirt and for lunch. You are the bestest friend ever...I'm lucky to know you!!

The Ball Family said...

oh jill, what a day it must have been. At least they are both the same color.

Tasha said...

Oh, I love you Jill. And I just busted up laughing about the shoes. Maybe because I could really relate. How come some days really are just hard. Just plain hard. Hopefully today is a better day. Sending you love! (And I will sell you headbands any times. Anytime. I am probably starting an etsy shop sometime this week. I am trying to get the guts to do it.)

karen said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one w bad days. I do feel like I have more bad days than good days so what's your sercet of having good days, behaved kids, etc ?? Share !!

Becca's Blog said...

You are so cute! I am sorry you had such a long, hard day. When I have days I always think of the book... "Alexander and the Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." Somedays are just like that..... even in Australia!

Megan McCrindle said...

I love this. We have all had our "Mismatched Shoes Days," and quite frankly mine always cheer me up. Because, lets face it, it's a little funny.

Judy and Mike said...

That is just too funny!

KYoho said...

I have actually done that before (wore 2 different shoes to church...both black, same heel height, but looked down and discovered they were not the same shoe).

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris