Sunday, November 22, 2009

A perfect day!

This is one of my favorite Sunday's of the entire year, especially since having kids. Especially since becoming the Primary President.

Today was our Wards Primary Program. And it was perfect. This marked Ella's very first program and boy was she ever excited. Each week for the past month she has asked if it was Program day. And today I got to tell her yes!!!
Photobucket

Ella came down with a little cold yesterday, nothing terrible but enough so that I took her temperature late last night before going to bed myself. Imagine my surprise when the readout said 102. I was devastated. Not only to have a sick girl but I knew how excited she was about the next morning. Clothes were picked out. shoes bought, 2 Sunday's of long practice's had. And now, this? I asked her if she wanted Daddy to give her a blessing. She jumped on it right away. Dave came in, gave her a beautiful blessing and then I had a little talk with her.

"Ella, do you know who blessing's come from?"

"Heavenly Father."

"Do you have Faith that He can help you to feel better so that you can be in the Primary Program?"

"YES!!!"

"I do too honey, I know that you will be okay in the morning."

"I know it too Mommy."

I loved how much faith she had. And I too knew that Heavenly Father could heal her, if only for an hour.

Sure enough I took her temperature in the morning. 98. Perfect. I asked her if she felt okay, she said she felt really good. So we got ready and went to Church. She was darling, so happy to be there with her Primary, singing the songs she worked so hard on. She loved waving to her Aunt Charity and she loved looking back and flashing me smiles. At one point I reached up from my seat behinds her (yes, I sang too) and held her hand. She looked back at me, smiled sweetly, and politely put my hand back on my own lap.

Right after the program Dave took Ella home. I heard a few cough's here and there but my hand always met a cool forehead. I thought I'd play it safe. As soon as Dave got her home she started her fever again, almost immediately. 102.

I knew that Heavenly Father blessed her little body to be able to be healed, if only for those few hours. I know he could feel of her Faith and her righteous desire to be a part of such a special Sunday. It was a great day that I hope that she'll remember for a very long time, I know I will.

Luke was a star. He had some pretty awesome hand movements in the front row as he sang. Raising a high fist during each, "scripture Power" and other such things. He even sang in a quartet. It was beautiful. We had probably over 400 people there, the back of the Cultural Hall ended up being standing room only. I was so proud of my boy. He sang loud and strong and didn't seem a bit nervous.

Photobucket
Luke in his dapper suit. What a Handsome boy I have!

Poor Olivia was in need of a picture too. I cant believe that one day soon I will have 3 kids up there. She was such a good girl during the entire program today, she loves music more than almost any little girl I know. This was her day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Becca said...

Oh my word!!!Blow up that photo of Luke and hang it on your wall already! If you don't I will!!!

Kim Harvey said...

I love the pictures of Ella. Great job! And that outfit, holy cow that is so cute.

Tasha said...

I am so glad it went so well. The story of Ella just brought tears to my eyes. I love children's faith. I am grateful she we healed for that time. I too know Heavenly Father really does listen. Oh, what a story. I love it. She looked darling in her outfit too. And Luke. Well, he was handsome. One handsome dude. It makes me want suits like that for my boys. It is a favorite day for me too. There is just something wonderful about this program and I have to say as a Primary Presideny it is just another testimony of the blessing these Children bring into my life.

shari berry bo-berry said...

i too love the primary program! the spirit that comes with it is so sweet and not like any other time!

ella - are you kidding me? that girl is too adorable, i can't stand it!

love luke's cute brown suit...what a little stud!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris