Sunday, June 6, 2010

Everything Grows....

Especially Kindergartners.

Luke is officially a 1st grader. More on that, and my total panic attacks because it this fact, later.

His Kindergarten, and 2 others out of the 5 total that Mammoth Heights has, performed in the cutest program I have ever been witness to. As soon as they opened the curtain I saw this....

Photobucket
and I about lost it.

Then I saw this cutie...
Photobucket

and I was so grateful that I had my big camera to hide behind because I couldn't keep the tears back.

Man, can this kid rock a flower.
Photobucket

Even an out of town guest woke up early to see the show..
Photobucket

It was so fun to have worked in the classroom all year and to know all of the incredible kids in Luke's class. It has been everything I hoped this year would be and more. All thanks to this Teacher..

Photobucket

and plenty of these...
Photobucket

I really can not believe that this year has come and gone so quickly. Now I have to accept the fact that my little, and only, boy will be gone for most of the day (come August 4th) This fact kills me and heavily aids in the before mentioned panic attacks and tears. I have even had dreams about it, crying as I say good-bye to my Luke on his 1st day of first grade. Im hoping its just the pregnancy hormones... its getting ridiculous.

So farewell to a year that I know I'll never forget. A year of great growth, great friends, and great happiness.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

So cute!!! I would have about died when the curtain openned too. Wasn't Kindergarten the best year? Oh, how i loved it too. And I feel just as you do with Tanner going to first grade next. I am sad. I am determined to enjoy every moment of this summer.

Judy and Mike said...

It is even worse when you youngest child goes to 1st grade. I can't believe my youngest is coming home from his mission in 2 days. Where has the time gone?

Ashley said...

That was such a fun program! Who said our boys could grow up? I can't believe that kindergarten is over. It went by so fast. Here's hoping we have a great summer and that our smart little boys don't drive us too crazy! :)

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris