Friday, June 11, 2010

Temple flower planting

Ella and Sister Findlay on Ella's first flower. I was not the greatest at bending down to plant so several friends were good enough to help Ella for me. Dirt and pretty flowers... Ella was in heaven!


Luke, Lance and Kyle (Lancer's Dad)


Our Primary had the greatest activity last month. We got to go to the Temple and plant flowers in the very front of either side of the entrance's. It was wonderful!!! We had over 100 Ward members there and everyone was hard at work.

Luke and Ella were so into planting, they all went strong the entire time, loving every minute. And Dave was a great sport as he chased Olivia all over the Temple grounds.

We are excited to go back soon and visit our flowers.

3 comments:

Judy and Mike said...

What a fun service project!

shari berry bo-berry said...

you were just in the neighborhood where I grew up!!!!! When we moved there, it was just a big empty field...so we saw the ground breaking and the entire construction of the temple...we even stayed home from school the day the put Moroni up...such a special memory!

glad you guys are making good memories there too... :)

Tasha said...

That is one of the neatest activities I have ever heard of. How neat for your kids and yourselves to be able to see the fruits of your labor each time you go to the temple and also teach the importance of helping to keep the temple beautiful and sacrid.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris