Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Soccer

This was Luke's first season of Soccer. Okay... he had a 6 week spurt of it on a rec league in Parker last year. It was a joke. The Coach's were 2 volunteer Mom's who had no clue what they were doing. There were no instructions. No games. No structure. It was a total turn-off.

I really wanted Luke to have a good experience with sports, especially because they were a huge part of both mine and Dave's lives for years. We heard about this great league and decided to give it a try. It was fantastic, Im so glad we involved Luke in such a positive experience.

Luke came a long way with his understanding of the game and its rules. He got so much more aggressive in practice and his ball handling skills improved weekly. He was still pretty timid in the games but that's okay. I was just so proud of how far he came in such a short period of time. He even got a goal in one of the games... that was pretty cool for him.

He liked Soccer a lot, though now that he's recently discovered and fallen in love with baseball he's decided to put soccer aside for a bit. You can guess what Dave's thoughts were about that one!!! And Luke loved having his best buddy on the same team. I think we may need to start separating these boys a bit more.... its going to rock Luke's world to move next year.

This was a pretty standard pose for Luke. Don't worry buddy, its still there.

Luke and Lance concentrating hard in their last game. I love that when Luke's focused he sticks out his tongue.. just like when he was a baby.

Team Lightning

With all of Luke's reading, fact-memorizing and book writing Dave's Dad recently said, "Its a good thing your involving him in Sports too because he has the potential to be a major geek." So true Grandpa, so true.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Fun!! I love that he had a good experience. I always think it is good to just get them out there trying different things to see what they learn they like or don't like. Glad it was fun.

Ashley said...

I have a better idea than separating Luke and Lance - don't move! :)

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris