Tuesday, February 26, 2008

the cute things they say

I really need to do an entire blog devoted entirely to the funny and sweet things my kids say. My Parents have a few tapes of us all when we were kids. Sometimes we knew the tape player was recording, sometimes it was left on in a shared room to capture a conversation. These tapes are priceless to us and we quote those sweet words to this day.

Funny quote #1- Luke

The Prophet of our Church recently passed away, we have been talking about this a lot in our home recently. How President Hinckley is living in heaven now with Jesus, and how Heavenly Father has called a new prophet. He has it down pretty good now. Yesterday he was looking at a picture and said, "This is Jesus, Mommy." 
"Yes Luke, that is a picture of Jesus."
"Mommy... Jesus is dead, right?"
"Well... is is not on this Earth any more and he lives in heaven" 
"Yeah, he's dead. We're going to get a new Jesus now."

Funny quote #2- Ella

"Ella, its almost time for bed."
"but Mom, I gotta finish my rice."
"OK, after you finish your rice its time for bed."
Ella looks at me for a bit and says,"not a chance!!!!" with an emphasis on the word "chance"
I don't even have a clue where she heard that phrase... we never say that. Dave and I died laughing.

Funny quote #3- Ella

Ella fell down the stairs 2 nights ago. Just a few. She insists on hopping down each step so it was really just a matter of time. Those who know Ella know she jumps like a mad woman. She's jumped before she's even walked.
After she was consoled she relived the incident with us.
"First I was jumping. Then I was falling, Then I was crying... and then I was so scared!" I don't know why but it was just so funny to us. Our little 26 month old conversationalist. 

11 comments:

The Ball Family said...

Jill, these quotes are so darn cute! I can't wait until Parker can talk more and say adorable things like your kids.

Jen said...

Dang it I miss you guys! I hope your feeling better soon, especially in time for your trip!
And you're not a wimp! If you were, you definitely wouldn't be pregnant! Love ya!

Tiffany J said...

What a crack up! You guys never have a dull moment there! I can't wait to hear all the many great and probably not-so-great things my son will spout...hopefully soon! Right now I'm living with a mute! ha ha Love your family! I miss ya! Hope you're second trimester is kinder than your first! You can't be MIA all the time! ha ha Love ya

Brad said...

We miss you guys!

regibells said...

Just like her mamma that girl! Witty and all. That Luke has his the wheels turning in his head too..haha! Funny post...I love hearing all the funny things kids say!

Jessica said...

oh my gosh. so funny. i love hearing funny things kids say! feel better!

Tasha said...

I too have said over and over again I should start a blog of just the funny stories and quotes of our kids. Those were great! Kids really do say the funniest things. I think it is because they should know what they are saying half the time or we just can't figure out how they learned what they did. I just love hearing the funny things!

sara said...

I love reading kid quotes and those ones were great!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you post those cute things I'm missing. Give those two a hug from their Grammie. I just can't believe Ella, she sounds so grown up. She'll even be more precocious in 6 months. We love you all

Carly said...

I love these! So dang funny! I had a little sunbeam sitting on my lap today in Primary and just thought: I want one of these! I am so excited you are having your third :)

Kristie K. said...

Grady and i are laughing so much! What funny kids. I don't think i could even pick a favorite.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris