Friday, February 29, 2008

Dear baby


I got to see you again yesterday. The Doctor wanted to re-check some implantation bleeding that is still high in my uterus. She's not worried about it, just playing it safe. It made me happy because I could watch you all day if I could. You'd think on my 3rd baby I would be a little dulled to the insane feeling that comes over a Mom when she watches her baby on a screen.... it just keeps getting better and more amazing. Everything with this pregnancy has just been a little sweeter. 
I was really nervous at first because I didn't see your heart beating. I guess I just looked in the wrong place because the tech immediately said, "Wow, great heart rate." I almost cried.
Its amazing how many changes there were within a 2 week period. Last time all I saw was a blob with a fast flickering in the center (your heart) But this time I saw you!!! I could immediately see your head and your arms and legs moving all around. You were putting on quite a show.
I did ask you to stop making me throw-up... I haven't done so since so I gather that you are already obedient. Enjoy the next 30 weeks. I know, it sounds like forever to me too.
I hope you know how much we love you,
Love,
your Mommy
sorry your picture is a bit hard to see... our scanner is broken.

7 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Jill thank you for sharing your sweet ultrasound photo! Isn't it amazing how fast things happen? I'm so glad you're feeling a little better! I've missed you and can't seem to shake you from my mind every time I drive past Euclid....I'm sorry I haven't stopped by yet. Still learning the ropes to scouts and all that so I promise if I don't see you before Sunday I WILL stop by next week!

Unknown said...

Jill you have an amazing way of expressing yourself. You should write a book about the joys of motherhood. Reading your words made me tear up and remember so long ago when I had those same feelings. We love you and hope you by the time we see you in a couple of weeks you will be feeling, as the French say, SUPER! pronounced SU-PARE!

Tasha said...

You are a very sweet Mom. I am glad you got to see your little baby again too and hear the heartbeat. I love hearing that each and every time. Nothing sounds better.

Holly Moore said...

That was so sweet. Some day he or she will read that and love this blog. What a lucky baby to come to your home. I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat and know that everything is going fine. I'm thinking about you!

Erin said...

It's always the same when I walk into that Doctor's office..."please let there be a heart beat!" I've heard too many sad stories. And the more healthy children I bare, I can't help but think what a miracle the whole process is.
I can't wait. 19 weeks left for me. I think it just keeps getting better.

Jana Heller said...

your baby is beautiful! i love seeing ultra sounds. i remember a time when i couldn't make anything out on one but now they seem so clear. i can't wait to see your new baby! i know that is a little premature since he or she won't be here for another 30 weeks but i can't help it. this time i am going to have to come visit you when baby wirthlin comes. miss ya

Kristie K. said...

What a sweet letter to your baby! Makes me wanna cry. What a lucky baby to get to come into your home. I am so glad everything is going well, we have been thinking about you and your little angel. Just so you know, there is a place where you can get an ultra sound (i know i love them too!) at 13 weeks and find out if it is a boy or girl! Exciting i know! the quality is amazing and i never get tired of seeing my baby. it is $25 and you get 6 pictures.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris