Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Warning!!! Complaining ahead.


Yesterday was the pits. I didn't shower, heck, I didn't even brush my teeth. Thats right... all day long. Never got dressed. Never put a bra on. My kids spent the majority of the morning in front of the TV and didn't eat breakfast until 10:30am. They got up at 6am so you can bet they were hungry. Dave was gone from 7 am until 6 pm. Poor guy, he got home and didn't have a second to breath before he started to feed the kids, get them in their "cozies" and put them to bed. 
On a bit of a positive note I can not express my gratitude for people like my Mom. She came over at 10:30, which is why that's when the kids ate, played with the kids here for a while, and then took them to her house. She had them over there for 3 hours, fed them lunch and got them away form their dull, sick Mommy. And she had a smile on her face.
And I am so grateful for Dave who jumps in without a single word. He takes over with the kids and never makes me feel guilty about checking-out on the couch or going upstairs for a needed nap. I love this man... he is really a wonderful Husband and Father. I knew he'd be great but never could have imagined how lucky I really got the day I married him. 
Well, there you go. I tried to mix  bit of good with the bad. Who can stand someone who just complains all the time?! 12 weeks is usually the lucky number for me.... so 2 more weeks to go. I hope!!

6 comments:

Tiffany J said...

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you! 12 weeks should be nice! What a awesome mom and hubby...that's so nice to have them there for you. If you EVER need anything I can take the kids...in fact, when can I? I would love to have them come over here and play and then Sam and Vaness can come too! When?!

Unknown said...

sometimes I just wonder why I actually want to have kids. They just wear you out from the minute they start growing inside of you! :) but... I know they are worth it. I look forward to being pregnant ONE day... FAR away, but then I remember about morning sickness and stuff and I start to think twice! Hope you're better soon!

shari berry bo-berry said...

Jill...you're doing a great job. You're a great mom and wife...and Dave is just as lucky to have you as you are to have him!!!!! hang in there girl!

Jen said...

Oh Jill, I love to know that you are human! At least you have an excuse for not feeding your kids until 10:30 in the am. I'm not pregnant and it's usually around 10 am that I get around to that. You deserve the rest, because there isn't much of it after the baby comes! I hope you feel better soon! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I knew my son was a good man but I never imagined he would be so solicitous. I am proud to be his mother and proud to be your mother-in-law. Wish I could be there to help but I'm sure glad your Mom is close by-she's the best!

Kristie K. said...

Now i feel bad about complaining. I complained all the time for months. I had so many days like that. Looking back i am just lucky my honey came home, i went so many days without showering/shaving/brushing my teeth/ and not wearing a bra. And my poor son would watch TV for like 10 hours. But I stopped feeling gulity and realized that is just the way life is. But he is fine. He survived. I hope you feel better, let me know if you need anything!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris