Sunday, March 30, 2008

a few Paris pictures

There are so many cool pictures of all of the wonderful places we went, saw and ate at! But these big ones will do for here, I may put a link up soon to the rest for those of you who'd like to se them. 
We had such a great time in Paris. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I couldn't have imagined how beautiful it all was. We could have taken pictures around every corner at all of the wonderful things we saw. And the people were so nice, all of those rumors about mean Parisians, I don't know where they come from.
It was a dream of a vacation and we will remember it for the rest of our lives. It did get pretty hard to be away from the kids towards the end especially. I would see a little boy or girl and start to tear up. The last leg of the plane trip was so long... just because I was so excited to see my babies. And when I saw them it was more exhilarating and wonderful then seeing all of Europe combined. And the whole ride home they kept hugging and kissing us, telling us how much they missed us and how much they loved us. Luke said, "never go to France again, ok guys?" And Ella was so excited she was crying. In those moments I felt like the luckiest and happiest person in the world.
Thanks to all who contributed anything to us going on this trip. Babysitters, both big and small, play dates and loving friends and family who were so great with the kids. And thanks to Mom and Dad Wirthin for all that they did to make the trip so memorable and such  fun. It was so great to see what they have been doing and seeing for the last year. 
So, here you are... Paris.

Moulin Rouge... clearly. The best part about this stop was the walk through Montmartre. It was a super cool area and we ran into the cutest French, children's boutique. They had some of the cutest clothes, we got a few things for Ella.... I wanted to go crazy but the Paris prices kept me in check.

The breathtaking Sacre Coeur. This was so beautiful inside too, unfortunately we could not take pictures though. All of the steps were well worth the incredible view of the city. Next time we'll have to do this at night. I almost passed out going up all the steps of the Metro stop here, it was honestly insane. 

Notre Dame. We took a lot of pictures here, it was amazing and definitely one of our favorite places in Paris. Just incredible.

Dave in front of the Arch de Triomphe. 

One of our favorite sights. This is a view of the top floor of the Sainte- Chapelle. The stained glass here surrounds you from all sides and literally takes your breath away. I could have sat here for hours. Thanks to Sarah for this recommendation... it was simply gorgeous.

In front of The Louvre ..... this place was so much bigger than I even imagined. 

Even in the very early Spring the Tuileries Garden's were beautiful. These are the sorts of things that would have been really fun to see in warmer season's as they would have been even prettier.

I loved the tower at night. Every hour on the hour at night the sparkles were so cool.

Im bummed it was so bright in this picture. Im sure there are ways to change it up... but I'll need a while to get photoshop down, im such a rookie.

12 comments:

sara said...

It's been so much fun to see all the sites through your fun pictures. I'm glad you had such a good time and that you got home safe and sound!

Joyce said...

Hey Jill, it's Shaun. It's been a long time! My wife was like, "Do you know a Jill Harvey?". I couldn't believe it, even though the whole blog world is ridiculously small. Good to hear from you. How is your family? Where is Megan living? Anyways, say hi to everyone and let them know about our blog. Adios!

Jenny J said...

hey jill
i'm sure i'll talk to you later in the week when you are done smothering your kids with the kisses they missed out on for ten days. but i had so much fun staying with your family. i didn't get the sneak out with ella that i had hoped for (i totally understimated the 5 against 1) i'll have to do it before the big co move. but why is it that some of my favorite parts of the days were talking with dave's grandma. that lady is so awesome, and so funny. i can now appreciate some of the stories you have shared about her. i'm glad you had fun. and more importantly, i'm glad you're home safe.

Tasha said...

Wow, it sounds like your trip was truly fabulous! I am glad you were able to take it and enjoy every bit of the whole thing. I have loved seeing the pictures. What a wonderful memory. I am glad your kids were so happy to see you back too! I loved what Luke told you. There is something great to be reunited with your children after being away.

Tiffany J said...

Welcome Home! Ella's dress today was adorable! I noticed the Paris skyline on their and am guessing it's from your trip? SO cute! Glad you had a good time and that you're home safe!

Adam and Nikki Johnson said...

I know 3 different people in Paris this weekend, or should I say last weekend. I wonder if any of your paths crossed. We'll never know. Looks like fun. I enjoyed the pictures.

Becca said...

Viva La France!!!!!

Nicole said...

Wow, what a fantasic trip. That is a place I would love to travel to with Dave someday. (My Dave, not your Dave...hee-hee) Love the pictures.

Ash said...

What an amazing trip. You are so lucky!!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous it isn't even funny.

Julie said...

Jill you make we want to go to Paris more than ever! It looks awesome, how did you fit it all into 10 days?!

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

So jealous of you guys! So glad you had such a sweet trip.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris