Thursday, March 20, 2008

We finally made it!

What we saw when we got off the plane.... can you see Elder Wirthlin?


look at that tummy!


I can not describe how grateful I am to be out of the airport and off of the plane. But after a travel day of over 16 hours we have actually made it. 
It was so great to get off of the airplane in Geneva, Switzerland and see Dave's Dad waiting for us on the other side of the glass. We see him all the time as we ichat each week but there was something really wonderful about seeing him in 3D. 
After a great breakfast, compliments of Dave's Mom, we took a little nap before heading out to the Mission Home and on to the Bern Temple with Dave's Parents, a big group of Missionaries and the Mission President and his cute Wife. It was another hour and a half drive and then a 2 hour temple session but I am so grateful we went, amidst our bight red, tired eyes. Being around all of these French-speaking Sister's and Elder's, who were about to go home, was a treat. They only get to attend the Temple at the close of their Missions and it was a special thing to be there with them, you could really feel their love for the Gospel and their excitement. I would have thought that they'd be talking all about going home.... but no. It was all talk about their Missions, the people they served and the work they've done. I was very impressed.
The Temple was wonderful. The diversity was so neat. The session was in Italian and there were Spanish speakers, German, French, English and Dutch. I loved being together in that beautiful place with all of these Brothers and Sisters from so many different backgrounds. It was a special and beautiful experience that I will never forget.
We went to McDonald's afterwards and then back to more sitting. I have never been so excited to see a mattress in my life. We slept pretty good and are excited for a new, fun day with "our" Parents.

5 comments:

Wilkins Family said...

Wow! Quel suprise! Tu a deja fait ta blog! Les pictures sont tres belle et je souhait que j'etais la avec tu! Passe une bonne temps et prens beaucoup plus photos!!!

Jenny J said...

how exciting!
but how come i'm more excited i get to ichat in a few days...

Bob said...

I don't know of a better way to celebrate a great temple session than with a healthy dose of Mickey D's right after. That would have been my first choice.

Tiffany J said...

What an awesome experience! To be on the opposite side of the world and still feel "at home" thanks to the gospel. I bet the temple was fantastic!

shari berry bo-berry said...

I love ALL of the pictures and am so happy you guys are getting to do this! (a little envious too! snicker, snicker...all in good fun of course!)

Have a blast and enjoy each other!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris