Thursday, March 20, 2008

An afternoon in Geneva

This is out of synch but its is Dave in the daffodil's.

This one is also out of place... blogger! Me in front of the Brunswick monument gate.

Rolex watches headquarters in Geneva. Its clearly all about the watches in Switzerland.... they are everywhere!

Jill, the lake, and Mont Blanc.

Beautiful Mont Blanc, the highest point in western Europe. The clouds had been covering it all day yesterday and today, until this evening.... it is pretty amazing.

in front of Brunswick monument. This guy was a Duke who spent the last 3 years of his life in Geneva. He left the city of Geneva all of his money under the condition that they build him this mausoleum. Its a replica of a tomb in Verona, Italy. Towards the top opening is the base of his tomb. 

This is in front of the St. Pierre Cathedral in old town Geneva. The roman columns were added years later.

Cathedral St. Pierre. This is the oldest cathedral in Geneva. It was once a Catholic church until the Protestants took it over. They added on a bunch of crazy architecture so that it would look more Roman. The result is many different types of materials and styles, its all so mis-matched. There are ruins underneath it that date back to the 3rd century. 

Jet D'eau. This fountain sprays 14o meters, 460 feet. Its in beautiful Lake Geneva.

Dave and I in front of a gazebo with Lake Geneva behind us... it was a cold day today.

Me in a bunch of pretty daffodil flowers.

The famous "flower clock"... so cool. Every season they change the flowers in it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jen said...

Looks like you are having a great time! Such great pictures!

Bob said...

I've printed out the picture of Dave and the Daffodils and its proudly displayed on my desk. I can now starre at him longingly while I work.

Jessica said...

WOW! Looks like you've already done a ton of cool stuff! I'm glad you're posting along the way!

sara said...

It's so fun to see what you're doing on your trip. I love all the pictures. It is so beautiful there!!

Unknown said...

beautiful! I'm glad you enjoying the begining of your trip. Can't wait to hear and see more!

Wilkins Family said...

I am surprised at how interesting it is. Not because I doubted Switzerland, only because I am normally not interested in European architecture and it is really cool. I have a renewed sense of interest. Blaine got a new decoration that you may find interesting. I'll try to email you a picture.

Tiffany J said...

AWESOME Jill! I love all their pretty flowers! Amazing since the weather seems really cold still. The architecture is so incredible. Especially compared to our cookie cutter USA ways.

Jana Heller said...

it is soo beautiful there. i am so jealous.

J said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you are having a blast.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris