Monday, March 31, 2008

some love for Lukie


With all the hectic vacation stuff, we never posted about Luke's birthday party. It was so much fun. He was excited for months about his Star Wars party and especially his R2D2 cake. We had lots of fun finding old school star wars plates and decorations, as they only make the new stuff now(thank you ebay) And the entire house was filled with black, gold and red balloons and hanging stars. I tried to hit on the outer space part of it all rather than what its all really about... shooting, light sabers and all things related.
He celebrated with about 10 of his friends and their Parents, he especially loved the jumpy house, which I never really did get a photo of. This year was a great party for Luke. He opened all of his gifts and didn't seem to get over-stimulated. Such a huge difference from last year when he could only get through one present. I am so proud of his growth and know that 4 is going to be his best year yet!
My attempt at Chocolate R2D2 sucker's. I was having a pretty hard time with some of the chocolate so the end result was not as I wanted. Luke thought they were perfect though!

One of his gifts, he loves these "Olivia" books and we read one of them each and every night.

So excited about his new DVD, "flushed away". Check out Ella, breathing down his neck, wondering what "they" were getting.

blowing out all 4 candles, much more work then last year!

ella and her cupcake... or whats left of it.

It taste's much better when you throw out edict and just dig in

9 comments:

sara said...

Did you make that cake Jill? That's awesome. What a good mom you are. That party looked like a lot of work but well worth all the effort. Luke looked like he was having the time of his life!

Tiffany J said...

Ok so your chocolates and that cake put anything I've EVER done to shame! ha ha That's amazing and you really should be proud of yourself! Luke looks like he's about to burst with excitement in every picture! What a great birthday! He'll never forget it I'm sure.

Jillyboo said...

just for the record..... i can not claim that cake. I bought it from a cake decorator in Los Alamitos. If anyone wants her info let me know. She did ella's too and is, clearly, so talented.
Wish I could have just sat quietly and let the compliments roll in but....

Kristie K. said...

What an awesome cake! Oh- i just read that someone else did it- but it is still way awesome. I love Luke's face in the pictures, he looks so happy. Garren is super into star wars, too. We were planning on doing it next year for his b day, so i will get tips from you later. I loved his little jedi costume. We are so glad you guys are back...

Jen said...

What a fun party! The cake and suckers - awesome! Luke looks like he was in 7th heaven - great work mom!

Tasha said...

What an awesome party . . .and that cake was AMAZING!! Go you Jill! So creative. I love that you got the old school stuff too. I am looking forward to doing Tanner's birthday party this year too. I think he will do better too (last year he had a bit of a hard time the whole way though.) I am glad all your hard work pull off and it looked great. I love that Luke was even in costume!

Kristie K. said...

Hey Jill, it is called ultrasound services and it is obn 19th street in costa mesa. It was $25 bucks and i got 6 pictures too. You can go at 13 weeks, let me know what your friend is having...and tell her to grab some business cards, i ran out...

Wilkins Family said...

my kids are so excited for you to be close by and plan their bday parties! who woulda guessed the roles we'd all have in the family?

regibells said...

Jill you always go all out! Will you come throw my kids a birthday party in June? ;) So cute!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris