Sunday, March 23, 2008

A little R and R in Switz-R-land

The last 2 days have been full of lots of rest and relaxation. We got to spend lots of time chatting with Mom and Dad, which has been so nice. Poor Lee was sick all day, but it was good timing due to the fact that I was feeling a bit nauseous for the first time on this trip. We were really happy to be low key before the long, busy days in Paris start tomorrow... I cant believe we are going!
Easter was really nice. It was so fun to see the Wirthlin's ward and meet so many wonderful people. We have really loved all of the people we've met here and its been so fun to put so many faces to the names we've heard so often. It's no wonder Mom and Dad love it so much, its a beautiful place filled with fantastic, kind people.We are so grateful we are here experiencing some of it with them.

Our native Swiss dinner. It was one of the best dinner's I have had in a really long time. You take potato's and cut them in half. Then you melt raclette cheese in these little pans, like I am holding, under the raclette grill. When its melted you pour it on your potatoes and eat them. You also grill meats on the top and eat them with lots of different dipping sauces. I could eat it everyday.

Ummmmm.... I wish I was eating more right now. Its the yummiest cheese combo I have ever had. I guess the Swiss know their cheese. And how to use it.

the Easter Bunny brought us lots of little Swiss goodies... but my favorite was this cool, chocolate chicken.

Dave and his cute Dad. Poor Lee, he was not a happy camper on Saturday. He's doing much better now that he has his anti-biotic.

We got to rest and relax on Saturday, which is a part of this vacation that we really hoped to get in. But after a while we decided to explore the city of Ferney-Voltaire, where the Wirthlins live. This is just a pretty view on our way to the main street.

The cute Main street.

The reason why I am so happy is that inside the box I am holding is a fresh eclair from the pastry shop. I love this little city, it is so quaint and cute.

Dave feeding this poor, hungry mouse some of his fresh bread in front of the fromagerie, or cheese shop.

Dave in front of "his" boulangerie, bread shop. He got 2 loafs of this yummy bread! It was sooooo good.

6 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Fun Pictures! I love that main street! Don't you wish us "americans" were a little more diverse with our construction? It makes the character of the city come alive! Happy Easter!

Wilkins Family said...

Our family had a "cheese taste testing" night last week. It was so fun, we got a bunch of different kinds of cheese and tried them out. The family faves were gouda and meunster. We made fondue the next night for dinner. So you will have to educate us when you get back on all the ins and outs of cheese! We'll have to have a swiss food night, What fun!

Tasha said...

Wow, I don't check your blog for a few days and I miss SOOO much! What a fantastic trip you are having. I love seeing all the pictures. It is just beautiful there. What a lucky girl to be on this trip. It looks like a perfect vacation. Can't wait to see and hear more about it!

Bryn said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip!! For Christmas two years ago my husbands parents bought us a raclette and we LOVE it! We try all sorts of cheeses and meats and veggies on top...and of course the potatoes! It is so fun and so fun to have company over and gather around the table. How neat that you got to experience it in Switzerland!

Sarah said...

I love that you are posting while you're on your trip. The pictures are incredible, I love Switzerland so much. I'm glad you're having such a good time. Keep up with the updates, I'm living vicariously through you.

Jana Heller said...

i am so glad that you guys are having such a fun as well as relaxing time. i can't wait to hear about paris.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris