Friday, February 1, 2008

One wonderful friend


Last weekend we went to dinner with our good friends, the Johnson's. We ate at the Yardhouse, which was absolutely delicious! One of the appetizers that Jenny ordered was this creamy spinach-cheese dip served with these yummy crispy flatbread. I was almost disappointed when my meal came because I wanted to eat this for days. The next day as Jenny and I were talking on the phone I brought up how I couldn't get this dreamy dip off my mind. We both laughed at it and that was that... until last night.
I came home from a baby shower to find the above on my kitchen counter. Yes, Jenny had gone to the Yardhouse and picked some of this up for me and then dropped it off on my doorstep. I couldn't believe it. Am I really the girl who has these kinds of thoughtful friends? I am so blessed.
So thank you again Jenny. What a friend you are and I am grateful for you... for more reasons then just a delicious snack. I am humbled that you would do this for me.... amazing.
And the evening was divine. I watched Lost and stuffed myself until I felt sick. And then I devoured round 2. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Who is this amazing person???

If it is The Johnson's on your links: go to her page and look at the thing her kid does with his feet- look familiar? I used to think I was the only one!!

Jessica said...

MMMM. Looks fabulous. Believe it or not, Nik went there for lunch yesterday with the people in his office. He let me have some of his leftover halibut and it was delicious. We should all go together sometime!

Jenny J said...

you made me laugh today.
only you could appreciate it that much.
i'm glad you enjoyed it.

Tiffany J said...

What a great friend! Wasn't LOST interesting! I'm SO happy it's back on...although I missed my LOST groupie...he had to work :(

Unknown said...

The food sounds yummy but friends like that are priceless. I too am blessed with good friends and wonderful family. You are one of them and I am blessed.

Tasha said...

That is a good friend! I love people like that.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris