Sunday, February 3, 2008

sweet voices

                                                Luke and Ella, both at about 8 months old


Today at Church ,while my kids were involved in their coloring books and snacks, the Bishop was speaking. At one point he said 2 lines from a Primary song. He stated "I am a child of God and he has sent me here." At that point both of my kids continued the song together where he left off... "has given me an earthly home, with Parents kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I can do to live with him someday."
They sounded so sweet that even though it was a bit loud I just had to let them continue to finish their sweet song together. This brief moment almost had me in tears. I couldn't help but to watch them and enjoy this tender moment. 
I love my kids so much and feel it one of the greatest gifts in my life to be their Mother. I promise to do my best to lead, guide and walk beside them. This was a beautiful reminder of how ready they are to learn, how closely they are listening and how much they are taking in.

10 comments:

Tiffany J said...

It's funny you mentioned that. I had the same thoughts today on a totally different experience with Brady. I just love children's sweet outlook on life and the honest, simple joy they bring to our lives. Thank you for sharing.

Becca said...

that makes me smile!!!! I love kids sweet innocents!

Brad said...

It is so sweet how they both know the song. I hope that Sam will learn it soon.

Holly Moore said...

That is so sweet! Jill I miss you too! I wish we could play more often (um... or ever?). Lets do something soon or I'll call you or something!

shari berry bo-berry said...

look at those cheeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what sweet little kids you have!

Tasha said...

I loved that. Maybe because I am in Primary too and the theme this year is "I am a Child of God" and it seems to be on my mind all the time. I am just loving this theme too. If we can teach our kids anything isn't that they are children of God. That their Heavenly Father loves them and that they really do want to return to Him one day. Thanks for sharing that sweet story.

Adam and Nikki Johnson said...

Thanks for your message. It made my day!

regibells said...

So cute!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

what a sweet post! (hope you dont mind me posting here, I was blog stalking this morning!) anyway, your kids are adorable!

Deb said...

How sweet. Ok Jill I have entered the blog world and TAG your it! Come check out my blog at WWW.MCCLUSKEYTIMES.BLOGSPOT.COM, and play.

We hope all is well witht he Wirthlin's. We miss you guys!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris