Thursday, July 9, 2009

Camping in Green River, UT

So the long awaited and highly anticipated Family Reunion started out in Green River. We got there, after a little over 6 hours, and set up tents right away. The kids were super exited to have the tent up in a camp site rather than just our garage (practice) I was just happy to have gotten it out of the garage so that I could get my parking spot back.

Back to camping.... it was a HUGE success. I was a little worried about taking this on with 3 little ones, one of which would be on the ground crawling the entire time. But there was literally not a single hiccup. The kids, all 16, were amazing. Not a single issue or argument broke out. They all slept well, played well, ate well, hiked well. It was incredible. The food was out of this world. We each took a meal and each one was superb. I think the camping food was the best I have yet to eat on this entire vacation. I could go on and on. Lets just suffice to say that camping was 100 times better than I could have imagined. And it was so great to see the cousins all play so well together. I am so happy that they all have and love each other. I never had near the bond that these kids already have. ( And I only had 4 Cousins total!)

Thanks to everyone for such a fun and memorable vacation. We had such a great trip with you all and wish we lived close enough to do it all the time.

Photobuckete

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Judy and Mike said...

Love the pyramid attempt.

kgirlsmom said...

Thanks so much for posting these pictures. I agree, it was an amazing trip and the kids all did so well. It was so fun to see you all. While viewing the pictures with me, Kate said,"AAWWW, I miss them!" Meaning everyone! Next time let's make the trip longer!(Kate suggested 6 1/2 weeks) Maybe in Yellowstone? or Yosemite? Love you!!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris