Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 4th

I happen to love, and I mean love, the 4th of July. It has always been one of my favorite Holidays. Im sure it has to do with the fact that I grew up in a home all my life with a Father that served and loved this Country for a living. We have always been taught what an incredible Country we live in and to respect and love it with all that we have.
We started out the morning attending our old Stake's annual production, which I always love to do, and had breakfast afterwards. It was a great way to ring in the Holiday. I especially loved seeing all of the little kids dressed up representing their individual state and honoring our service men and Woman. And yes, that always makes me cry.
Later, after naps, we went to the Wirthlins for a BBQ and some general good times. It was great to see the Byers too, its been too long.
We ended the night watching fireworks from atop the Disneyland parking structure... it was perfect!! Ella was really sad that fireworks cant be a standard evening ritual.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I still cant believe I let Brad take the kids on a ride on a motorcycle around the neighborhood, though I think Dave was more shocked than anyone. Those who know me probably know my feelings for these things... but the kids were so excited about their ride.It shows how much I trust Brad. Dave's hoping it means Im one step closer to a "yes" on a Vespa.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

sarawhat said...

so this might seem like a dumb question...but how the heck do you make your pictures BIG on blogspot? I can't for the life of me figure it out....

The Ball Family said...

Ella riding with her hair blowing in the wind is awesome. I am so glad we are able to spend so much time with you while you are here. We are having a blast.

Becca said...

so sweet!!! love the outfits!

Ashley said...

Those dresses are adorable! I wish I had one for Maddie!

Judy and Mike said...

Sit on our side of the church building so we can see you guys! Like in front of us like old times!

shari berry bo-berry said...

love the bike...but where are the helmets??? holy crap i would be freaking out!

Tasha said...

So fun! I love the 4th too. It really is one of my favorite holidays. I am glad you got to spend it with family. Your girls dresses were so cute! Love it.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris