Sunday, July 26, 2009

love

Jana is one of my best friends. We met when Dave and I were first married, just 6 1/2 years ago. It feels like I have known her my entire life. We spent almost every day together. Our Husbands got along equally as well. When we'd hang out there were always 2 conversations going on at the same time. Jana's and mine on one end of the room and Steve and Dave's on the other. Dave would ride shotgun, Jana was in the back with me.

We got pregnant at the same time; I had a boy and she had a girl. We both moved far away and continued to spend almost every day together via telephone. We both got pregnant; this time I had the girl and she had the boy. Life went on. There were several more moves, new jobs, exciting times, sad times, changes in all shapes and sizes. But one thing remained. Thousands of miles away and through all those years we remained the same. In fact, we got closer and closer all the time. There were days that we spoke multiple times in a 24 hour period. We both had one more baby and again opposites. Jana with her Ash Man and me with my Liv.

I am so grateful for this friendship that has seen me through so many things. And I know it will continue to do so for the rest of my life.

We, as many good friends, would always joke that our kids would end up getting married. That they'd grow up feeling like family and then one day, on our joint Family vacation, one of them would decide to make a move. It's all in good fun you see, friends always joke about it.

Who knows, maybe one day there may be a Wedding. With 3 chances we feel we have good odds. And as of this last trip Ella and Jackson stated that they were going to get married "after breakfast." Breakfast, mission... you know.


Ella and Jack... then (ella was 16 months old, Jack 18)

Ella and Jack... now at 3 1/2

I imagine if we track their kisses over the years they may get less and less sweet and more and more reason to worry.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

That is too cute!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris