Friday, October 8, 2010

Big

Photobucket

This little knucklehead is not my baby anymore. He hasn't been for some time. He is big. 6 1/2 to be exact. And I marvel at how that happened.

When I was growing up I always wanted my first Child to be a boy. The big brother. The protector. So I was thrilled when I had that first ultrasound which told me that my hopes for a Son were confirmed. And I knew immediately that he would be sweet, kind and very handsome. And he is.

Luke is an incredible kid. He loves music, namely Band of Horses and Iron and Wine. He cant get enough out of learning and he constantly has his nose in a book. I never thought I'd hear myself tell a Child to stop reading but with Luke I just have to sometimes. He started football this year and has really been enjoying it. I think he still likes baseball the best but I have been so proud of his efforts at trying something totally new. He is a great friend and is getting to be so much fun. I could pal around with him all day long. He is super funny and I love to hear his newest jokes, they are actually starting to make sense. I feel like I could talk with him forever, and I try, until he tells me that he doesn't want to talk anymore. I think I wear him out with all of my daily questions.

Luke has started to get a little sassy since starting 1st grade. Its actually pretty funny. He has never been a kid who talked back or made rude comments. Never. He has always done what he's been told. He is a dream. But he's recently started to make little snide comments. And, as much as we need to be more stern with him here, we sometimes can't help but to laugh. Its just all so out of character for him. And sometimes he can really be quite witty.

I love this boy who is growing up before my eyes. He is turning into the coolest kid and I adore every second that I get to spend with him.

3 comments:

lyndsey said...

this is the cutest post! makes me excited for jack to grow up -- did i ever tell you i cried when i found out i was having a boy? haha. yeah, i didn't know what to do with a boy. but now that i have him, i LOVE being a mom of a boy...and i can't wait till he's 6 1/2 and so much fun, just like your little luke.

Tasha said...

He is such a cutie. I agree with the first grade thing. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up?

Katherine said...

Nice taste in music!! Sounds like he is doing awesome. I know, Franny is 6 1/2 too and it's killing me how fast it all goes.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris