Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween

from a Pig, a Butterfly, a Strawberry Princess and a Chef.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was a fun evening. Our Ward did a Trunk-Or-Treat party and the kids had a blast. Charlotte slept through pretty much the entire thing, yes even through the blasting music put on by DJ Jeff... a Ward member who's the best DJ I know. Luke and Ella ran around with their friends the entire time and couldn't wait to get their coveted candy bars. We were lucky in that that day it was around 75 degrees... almost unheard of this late in the Fall. So we were all celebrating that as well.

Olivia started out the night with a bang. She ran right out to the dance floor and danced for about a full hour before she got so sleepy that she wanted to be held the rest of the night.. a rarity for her. As we walked to the car to open up the back for candy goers she started to squeal with delight. She thought we were going home to sleep.

Poor Ella had a rough night. She got tackled to the ground a couple of times by some boys. One of which was pretty brutal. This kid was literally shoving her into a mass of bushes over and over again. I happened to look over there as it was happening and ran over there to stop it. I could see her screaming and stumbling up. As soon as she would get up he'd knock her right back done. I have never been so angry in my life. Poor girl was terrified. But she's way more forgiving that I am and was back to her joyful self in not time, though she woke up with a nightmare that night about the run-in.

All in all it was a fun-filled night. The kids got waaaay too much candy and now I have to stare at it all day as it calls my name.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Best costumes. Seriously. I want to be a strawberry princess. All of them are fabulous. How come my boys won't be awesome things like a chef??? Maybe I shouldn't ask anymore...and just make things :)

Tiffany J said...

I love your kids costumes! The Chef one is SO fun! I love the little bit of spunk in Ella's body language in her picture too! Makes me miss you guys tons!

KYoho said...

those costumes are so fun! I love them all! and way to be protective of your little one...sometimes I worry I am going to be this crazy over-protective bear of a mom because the thing that makes me the most angry is when kids are mean to my little girl.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris