Saturday, September 20, 2008

funny kids

Just wanted to post a few of the funny things the kids have said and done in the last couple of days. I need a blog all its own to keep track of this stuff... we all know how hilarious kids are and I just dont want to forget these little things.

I found a bridal portrait of myself  and took it out to show the kids. And to stare at day and night, wondering how I was ever that tiny and didn't enjoy it! 
Luke saw it and said, "Mom, you look like a princess!"
I was thrilled with his description and said, " you think I looked pretty?"
"Well, not a pretty princess."
"O' you don't think I was beautiful when I got married?"
"No Mom.... you kinda' just look........ medium."
I laughed and he said again, "do you even know what medium is?"
"yes Luke."
"ok.... yep, you're just medium Mom."


Yesterday Luke was trying to get Ella to play Light saber's. This is a regular occurrence at our house. Luke insisted that he be Yoda. He was trying with all of his might to get Ella to be Padme , she had other ideas.
"Lukie... I'm Princess Yoda!"
He eventually let it go since that was the only was Ella was going to participate. And Yoda and Princess Yoda had a nice little battle.


Last night Ella was playing with her little Care Bear's. She was playing so thoughtfully with them. It was time for them to go to sleep and I overheard her telling all 5 of them that it was story time and then bedtime. She read each of them a story, gave them a kiss and told them to have good dreams. I got up a few minutes later to use the restroom... what a rarity! And I about died when I looked on the steps. 
Each Care Bear was indeed asleep in their bed. The "bed" was a book, half opened, with a soft little bear nestled between the pages. It certainly looked like a mattress and a bedspread. 5 books, 5 Care Bears and Ella's imagination. 
She's going to be such a great Big Sister.

3 comments:

Jana Heller said...

i was dying when i read the first one with luke. he is so funny. i love to hear how our children really see us. some times it's cute and sometimes it can be very humbling. i am sure you looked like a very pretty princess. what does he know anyway?

The Ball Family said...

I love the care bears story! She really IS going to be a great big sister. We miss you guys. Good luck tomorrow at the hospital. We will be awaiting a call from Dave with all the good news. I have to admit, I am a bit jealous, I wish I was a day away from not being pregnant anymore.

Jenn said...

Jill you are anything but medium. And I wish we lived closer. But these little stories are the cutest things ever. This IS why we do this - to have moments like these to look back on many years from now.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris