Friday, February 27, 2009

Its official




We are now residence of Colorado. What's that you say? We have lived here 6 months already? What am I talking about? Well today we made it official by putting our new license plates on our cars ( to be fair we haven't had them that long). So you see, my point is we are slackers. We postpone. Some may call us procrastinators. Okay, I call us procrastinators.

Dave and I put things off until the last minute. This happens all the time and with just about everything. Dave puts even his school work and projects off until the last minute. Now when I did this it showed. My grades proved that I put in too little time and effort. After a few semesters of poor grades, and a lack of motivation, I decided that School was not for me. I didn't re-register and never went back. It was too much work and too much planning. Now Dave is an anomaly. He has been a procrastinator with his School work as well. The difference? He has still gotten straight A's all through College. Including his Masters and PhD. (so far at least) I don't get it, but I envy him.

In most things we balance each other out perfectly. This is not one of them, its where we falter. We are not planners... and even a little lazy.

So I apologize to the things we have put off. To the people whom we took too long to get things to or do things for. Forms and documents we sent in late, papers left on the shelf too long, DVD's and library books returned after their requested dates, projects turned in last minute and calls not returned.

It is my goal to be better about this fault. Im going to do it! I resolve to be better at these things. You'll see, just watch. Im on my way to becoming the more organized Jill, starting first thing tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad to know us other procrastinators are in good company! Some day my cars will have those license plates too. I hope.

Jillyboo said...

O' Jenn... I hope so too!!

Tiffany J said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone! ha ha I am just HORRIBLE about returning phone calls! My car is always on "E" before I decide to fill it up...dinners not made till 7 or 8...anyway, you get the point...when does it REALLY end? I've tried to be better but I'm procrastinating that too! ha ha :)

Miss you guys!

Tamsyn said...

What up Jill? Just thought I would say hi and let you know that you are not alone...our tags expired on our car like 5 months ago. And we keep saying "we need to get the new ones.." at least we haven't been pulled over yet.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris