Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ollie

We may be getting a Dog! Its a certified therapy dog for Luke. Its something we have been thinking about for a while but these dogs are not readily available and we thought it may be a very long time. After we got the approval from our landlord and went ahead with the process this beauty seemed to be there waiting right away. We think he's just about the most beautiful Dog we've ever seen.
He currently is owned by a breeder in Nebraska and is working in Hospitals, Nursing homes and psych wards. He is so calm and loving. He will just lay his head on your lap for as long as you'd like him to. He has been through many classes and specialized training courses that will make him an ideal fit for our Family. And it would be amazing to have a dog that is sweet, calm and fully trained. A dream.
We have yet to make the final decision, though I think we are leaning towards doing this.
I showed Luke his picture and he lit up. He excaimed, " I want this dog!!!" before I even said a word about the possibility. He asked what his name was and I said "Oliver." He looked at me with a strange expression and said, "No Mommy. His name is Olive-he.. because he's not a girl!"
I laughed so hard.
We need to decide here in a few days so I will keep you all updated. For now here he is, the possible newest member of our family.





7 comments:

Jenny J said...

great minds think alike...
i was just checking pet finder. although ours will probably not be as educated, we'll have to work on that.

he's gorgeous and i can understand why luke is smitten. good luck!

Montana Wilkins said...

Wow! What a pretty dog! Or should I say handsome because he's a boy? :o)
Do you know exactly how he'll be able to help Luke? It sounds interesting. Congrats if you get him!

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

I really wish I could go see your kids in person. They are so cute. Cute kids deserve a cute dog.

shari berry bo-berry said...

he is gorgeous!!!! what a fun addition he will be to your family, and a good friend for Luke!

Kristie K. said...

He is beautiful. I showed garren and he is going to check out our dog book for you. He has been reading this book about different breeds.
How fun for Luke, and perfect for your little boy.

Tiffany J said...

How Fun! He's gorgeous dog! Your kids will love having him around!

Richelle said...

First off, that is the most beautiful dog! I would jump on that opportunity! And second, Nim had one piece and Jean ate the other 3! Crazy.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris